We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fairmont Hotel

seattle
Level Contributor
1,111 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Fairmont Hotel

Have read the posts and before I book would like validation of my choice. I'm, a septuagenarian woman travelling alone, not interested in night-life/pools/spas. I am thinking of the Fairmont because the rooms have balconies (open?) fancy the views and after a day sightseeing would happily settle for relaxation in the room before going out for dinner. The location seems good with the MTV nearby. Spending a week, my first visit. Have tickets to the symphony and plan on sightseeing, no interest in shopping. Thanks in advance for your input.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel
Level Contributor
18,285 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fairmont Hotel

Hello,

The Fairmont would make a lovely choice. Right across the road from Raffles Hotel. The Fairmont is connected to Raffles City Shopping Centre which has a supermarket, cafes, Foodcourt and under it is City Hall MRT station if you choose to travel around via MRT Underground train.

If you choose a newly renovated Harbour view room on a higher floor you should be very comfortable. The hotels reviews and photos are here -

tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g294265-d301…

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,631 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fairmont Hotel

Hello,

<<Have tickets to the symphony >>

The Victoria Concert Hall is walkable from the Fairmont. The Concert Hall is newly opened after major restoration and refurbishments. A beautiful old colonial building.

Enjoy the symphony.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,583 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fairmont Hotel

The Fairmont is a great choice. It's the Fairmont Premier rooms in the North tower that have been recently renovated,

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,200 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fairmont Hotel

I've stayed several times at the Swissotel the Stamford which adjoins the Fairmont. Absolutely love the location. That's why I go back there!!

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
47,809 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fairmont Hotel

The Fairmont is a great choice.... good option from top to bottom - nothing to validate. Travel safely and enjoy your sty in SIN!

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
354 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fairmont Hotel

Fairmont was great when we stayed. Upon checkin we got a bump up one room grade thanks to our credit card of choice having some arrangement about these things. The staff were super courteous at all times and very helpful.

Had some laundry done via housekeeping (it wasn't cheap) but our travel weary garments came back in better condition than they left with minor repairs completed and impeccably ironed and presented. I should add we just paid laundry costs not repair or tailoring costs.

To be honest it just felt that everyone working there genuinely wanted to be helpful, we were towards the end of a 42 day 4 country trip, I was recovering from a severe flu, while my wife was not much better off, so we were ragged, dishevelled and somewhat disorganised. We probably looked more YMCA than Fairmont clientele if you get my drift yet I never once felt out of place which I certainly did in other places in Singapore.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel
Level Contributor
4,351 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fairmont Hotel

just saw a promo email from AMEX, you get 3rd night at the Fairmont Singapore free if you booked with AMEX plus $25 hotel credit. Offers good for

Book: July 1, 2014 – December 31, 2014

Stay: July 1, 2014 – March 31, 2015

You may wish to take advantage of this offer if the dates suits you,

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel
Level Contributor
4,351 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fairmont Hotel

sorry, forgot to post the link:

…americanexpress.com.sg/travel-offers/…

9. Re: Fairmont Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 August 2014, 09:35
Edited: 29 August 2014, 09:35
10. Re: Fairmont Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2015, 06:18