We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time - 3 Full Days - Help plan Itinerary

Brisbane...
Level Contributor
189 posts
Save Topic
First Time - 3 Full Days - Help plan Itinerary

Hi

my friend and I, will be travelling to Manila via Singapore. It will be our first time there in early December 2014. We will have 3 full days to tour the country, Looking on how to take on this amazing city. We arrive on a Sunday afternoon, and plan to have 4 nights in Singapore.

We both are in our mid 20s, like to see most of the tourist attractions/must see's/natural/culture/man made. Theme parks are ok as long its not too 'kiddy'

As long it will cater to young adventurous adults, and not really looking to go to a beach since we are going to the Philippines.

Night-life will be casual as we are only there for 3 nights in the weekday, so something close by to the hotel We love food and know Singapore has alot of different districts for food, so recommend any must eat places please.

Whats a good centralised hotel, no real budget, 200-300avg. something with a nice view of the city/water and maybe free/cheap wifi?. Is it worth staying @ Marina Bay? That pool @ the top looks very nice, looks like a must do. Any other suggestions on hotel?

And what is the cheapest way to get around Singapore and to/from changi airport?

If anyone can do a quick write up on how do SiN in 3 days would be appreciated.

Thanks

Brisbane...
Level Contributor
189 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: First Time - 3 Full Days - Help plan Itinerary

Also to add: we both been to USS in Hollywood, will it be worth to go to the SiN one.

We do like zoo's as long its a must see experience

We are from Australia.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
50,609 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Time - 3 Full Days - Help plan Itinerary

Roderick G, hi

1/ ALL your questions are pretty much covered in out Top questions about Singapore, please check the right side of your screen.

2/ <<If anyone can do a quick write up on how do SiN in 3 days>.

It`s not the way how TA works...sorry. Your itinerary is your homework, when/ after u check yoursingapore.com

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g294265-Activiti…

and draw a sketch of your travel plan, you are welcome to publish it here in the forum and ask members to comment.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,002 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Time - 3 Full Days - Help plan Itinerary

Tripadvisor is NOT a Travel Agency......If U dun help urself, No one will......

===> There are Many Trip Report For U to Copy if U are not interested in planning Ur own trip

U can Find them this way ====> L@@K to ur Top right Corner

====> Under Top questions about Singapore

====>

SIGHTSEEING & WHAT TO DO _______________

Visiting > What to see/do in Singapore

Free or Low Cost Attractions (under Sgd$5 per person)

Singapore for Seniors

Singapore for Children

Attractions around MRT Circle Line

Kampong Glam / Arab Street Area

Tiong Bahru

Universal Studios Singapore

Visiting > Trip Reports (1)

Visiting > Trip Reports (2)

Visiting > Trip Reports (3)

Visiting > Trip Reports (4)

Edited: 17 August 2014, 10:46
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
51 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Time - 3 Full Days - Help plan Itinerary

Hi

We were in Singapore last week for 10 nights, so much to do there. Have a look at Parkroyal on Pickering, an amazing looking hotel in a great location. It's near Clarke Quay for bars and restaurants and also right next to Chinatown for fabulous cheap eats. We took our kids to Universal Studios and I thought it was fairly average so if you have done USS in America I would give it a miss. Zoo is very nice, similar in look to Australia Zoo in Qld. Sentosa Island is worth a trip for Aquarium, Luge, Zip Line and Adventure Cove ( cheap to swim with the dolphins if that interests you). Marina Bay Sands is ok pool is great to see, however is like a zoo up there. Gardens by the Bay is fantastic , bar on top of Supertree is amazing, go on dusk and watch the city light up. We love Singapore, great people, food and so much to do.

manila
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Time - 3 Full Days - Help plan Itinerary

If you've been to Universal in the US, skip the Singapore one.

I posted this before, but I used this as a guide when I was in Singapore the first time a few years back. Helped me get my bearings: wikitravel.org/en/Three_days_in_Singapore

Stayed at Marina Bay Sands. ONLY highlight is the pool. Rooms are quite spacious but that's it. Is the pool worth it? Perhaps. Would I do it again? Out of pocket, no.

Is your hotel budget in A$ or S$? Parkroyal on Pickering is good as mentioned by Rads68. Swissotel Merchant Court or Swissotel The Stamford might also be good options.

Brisbane...
Level Contributor
189 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: First Time - 3 Full Days - Help plan Itinerary

thanks for the replies.

the hotels I'm looking at is.

Marina Bay sands

PARKROYAL on Pickering

Naumi Hotel

Fairmont Singapore

Wanderlust if we wanted something cheap and different.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
95 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First Time - 3 Full Days - Help plan Itinerary

I agree with viajeroManilla

We had also been to US LA before visiting USS and it doesn't even compare in size and attraction options. Plus it's far more crowded due to its small size and the amount of people in Singapore which means long queues so it will take you almost a whole day to get on maybe 3 decent rides. We were short on time and I wish we'd done the Zoo instead, it's meant to be one of the best in the world but I'm sure it's jam packed with people also.

Only hotel guests can access Marina Bay Sands Rooftop Pool. It's a huge pool but it's pretty packed with people during its opening hours (at about 10.30pm-ish the lifeguards will kick you out anyway). That hotel has 2500 Rooms so I'd hate to think how many may use it as their second bathroom. We did the MBS Chocolate & Cheese Buffet (well worth the $48++ which includes your access to the rooftop) and got a glimpse of the amazing pool with a million people in it and a million other people taking photos of random people in and around the pool.. kind of weird.

The buffet however was delicious.

But I do think it would still be worth staying there just once in a lifetime if you can afford it.

Hope this is helpful :)

Brisbane...
Level Contributor
189 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: First Time - 3 Full Days - Help plan Itinerary

Is it possible to do Singapore zoo, river and Night safari in the one day?

USS does look smaller compared to the US one. The only reason we would go there is to ride on the transfomers which my friend didnt get a chance to in the US as it wasn't built yet.

Other things we could do on cable/boardwalk and Marine Life Park.

Still not convinced it will be worth going to sentosa from this.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,180 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First Time - 3 Full Days - Help plan Itinerary

It is theoretically possible to do the three in one day. I cannot think of a worse way to do them though and in a short trip I would say either move your itinerary around to accommodate a better way of seeing them or drop some park(s) from the list. You risk wasting money and time by being flat out by the time you hit the Night Safari.

The zoo is the largest of the WRS parks - to do properly it really needs the whole day, if you are then doing the River Safari as well then you need to start the zoo first thing at opening to give you enough time to do it justice and then get the River Safari in. After a long day outside you then plan to do the Night Safari - now too many people visit this like its a casual wander round attraction, and it isn't. Nocturnal animals are generally quite skittish and so have a tendency to hide from noise, fast movement and light. THe upshot of that is (because someone always makes noise or moves about rapidly) you will need to spend time at enclosures looking for the animals. Concentration and patience go off when you are tired as does your eye's performance - and after a long day round the zoo and then the river safari you will likely be fairly tired. I have lost count of the number of people I have seen struggling round the night safari after spending the day at the zoo. Its also a LOT of animals in one day (and I'm an animal nut so love these places).

So - while the time slot is theoretically there for all three I cannot recommend it unless these parks are a huge must for you and the all in one day is absolutely the only way you can do it. At that point you need to spend the whole day thinking about how to conserve energy and concentration - plenty of sitting looking at things where possible, go slowly, plenty of drinks and make good use of the 90 minute downtime between the day parks closing and the night safari opening.

In a short trip to Singapore - if all three have to be visiting I would do the zoo one day and then the River Safari and Night Safari on another - the River Safari is the smallest park and takes the least amount of time so will not tire you out in the same way as a full day outside, so has less impact on the Night Safari.

You are only in Singapore for three days so Im more inclined to suggest that to get other things into your trip that you cut back on the parks and even just do one - the zoo is the big day out, the Night Safari is the unusual one.

As to Sentosa - there is a lot to do there and a fair variety from museums, aquaria, open spaces, viewpoints, rides - I could probably fill 3 days, or certainly a large part of three days, without going to USS. Trawl their website, making sure you follow through the links to the Resort World Sentosa section to get an idea of what they have and how much the assorted entry fees are www.sentosa.com.sg

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: First Time - 3 Full Days - Help plan Itinerary

If you're up for a full day of walking then yes you can finish the zoo, river and night safari in one day. December are the school holidays here so it might get a little crowded but it would be manageable.

If you've been to USS LA then you wouldn't want to visit USS Singapore.