We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to travel between Changi Airport & Pengerang Integrated

bangkok
Level Contributor
267 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
How to travel between Changi Airport & Pengerang Integrated

Hello,

I’m being asked to go work in PIPC which would require me flying down from Bangkok every Monday morning and fly back to Bangkok every Friday evening.

I assume the most convenient airport for me to fly in and out of would be Changi Airport – correct?

How would I best travel (quickest) from Changi Airport to PIPC on a Monday morning, and back on a Friday afternoon? How long would it take approx each leg and how much?

Thanks

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,010 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to travel between Changi Airport & Pengerang Integrated

Pengerang Integrated

===> Is that Pengerang Integrated Petroleum Complex in Johor - South East?

energyasia.com/blog/…

If it is, U should fly into Senai Airport Malaysia & not Singapore (So U dun have to go thru Immigration Twice). If going thru Singapore & using Road, it will take U about 2hr estimate - more if there are traffic Jam at Immigration.

Use a Google Map - using the Address of Ur Intend workplace then from it - search for the nearest Airport. Or U can ask this Questions in Malaysia Forum.

Even better to ask Ur company, if they have any special arrangement (Eg: Ferry service for their worker from Singapore).

Good Luck

Edited: 18 August 2014, 09:39
bangkok
Level Contributor
267 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to travel between Changi Airport & Pengerang Integrated

Many thanks for your comments and advice.

1. "Pengerang Integrated ===> Is that Pengerang Integrated Petroleum Complex in Johor - South East? energyasia.com/blog/…"

Yes I believe it is. Power station construction.

2. "If it is, U should fly into Senai Airport Malaysia & not Singapore (So U dun have to go thru Immigration Twice). If going thru Singapore & using Road, it will take U about 2hr estimate - more if there are traffic Jam at Immigration".

Bearing in mind that I’m trying to find a regular Monday morning / Friday afternoon commute between Bangkok (home) and Pengerang (work), I need a trip which is quick. I had a look at travelling via Senai Airport but they would require a change of planes in both directions in KL making it a 5-6 hr journey and therefore not commutable (I’d spend all day travelling). Direct flights BKK to KL looks like it would require a 3-4 hr drive from KL to work therefore not commutable. Direct flights BKK to Changi looks do-able at just over 2hrs flight time.

3. "Even better to ask Ur company, if they have any special arrangement (Eg: Ferry service for their worker from Singapore)".

The amount of people my company would have in Pengerang wouldn’t be huge. At the moment I do not know there plans for accommodation (I’m in the very early stages of discussion with them on going or not going).

So I guess I’ve narrowed it down to flying via Singapore and I now need to find out how to cross from Changi via a bumboat to Pengerang (times, duration, cost, immigration issues, etc) – anybody have any information?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,010 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to travel between Changi Airport & Pengerang Integrated

Yes flight from BKK - SIN is 2hr.

Then U have to consider taxi Ride to Immigration - 1st U go thru Singapore Immigration, THEN u go thru Malaysia Immigration. That could easily takes up another 2hr or more - depend on traffic.

There are also scheduled direct ferries from Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal to the Sebana Cove Resort in Desaru, as well as on-demand bumboat services from Changi Point Ferry Terminal to the fishing village of Pengerang, from where you can catch a cab towards Desaru

http://wikitravel.org/en/Pengerang

==> operate 07:00-19:00 and leave when they reach the 12-passenger quota.

===> Changi Airport is about 15min Taxi ride to Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal.

Taxi fare should Not be more than S$12 each way max.

Edited: 21 August 2014, 03:27
4. Re: How to travel between Changi Airport & Pengerang Integrated

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2015, 07:16