My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Singapore. Thanks to the advice I have already found in the Forum we settled on staying at the Swissotel Stamford and have loosely put together the following itinerary for our 6 day stay.
We arrive mid-arvo on Sept 13 and are on an 8pm flight on Thursday Sept 13th.
We are in our mid-20's and want to have a mix of "touristy" stuff and relaxation as well as enjoying some of the night life.
- Arrive Hotel at 5:30pm if all goes to plan
- Not thinking about doing much, just exploring what's nearby. Perhaps take a taxi down to Clark Quay, have some dinner and find a bar to have a few drinks. We could possibly go to 1-Altitude but am worried it will be too busy for a Saturday and we may be too tired from our flight.
- Vivocity during the day
- Go back to the hotel for a bit of relaxation then head to the Marina Bay for a walk around. Visit the observation deck and have dinner around there and go to a bar.
- Go somewhere nice for breakfast. Any suggestions? Something easy on the wallet preferred.
- Go to Orchard Road - spend about half a day there
- Botanic Gardens. Catch a taxi there from the end of Orchard Rd.
- Some kind of food market for dinner? Is there any suggestions on this? We can switch this for another night if markets are only on certain nights?
- Go to Raffles and get a Singapore Sling before heading back to our Hotel.
- Go to Thian Hock Keng Temple and explore Chinatown a bit too.
- Have lunch at 1-Altitude if we have not yet been there
- Relax a bit then head down and do the Faber Peak cable cars and do the skydining. I have read mixed reviews on this but thought it is something different and may as well give it a go.
- Undecided on this day. Two things we want to do are Universal Studios and the Zoo/Night Safari. I am less inclined to Universal Studios as my partner and I have both been to the one in the USA and figured it may not be worth doing in Singapore. Advice?
- Dinner/Drinks at the New Asia Restaurant in our Hotel Building
- Grab a nice breakfast - happy to hear some suggestions.
- Again, a little undecided about what we could do on this day prior to having to head to the airport. Perhaps just go to Sentosa and explore what it has there.
- Leave by 4:30 in the afternoon to get to the airport with more than 2 hours before our flight.
- Have dinner at airport.
I know we are only scraping the tip of the iceberg of what this city has to offer and I am sure we will be back. We would just rather have more quality than quantity with our time spent there. I am open to suggestions however, if there are any "must-do's" that some of you may feel I have omitted here.
Just a few more questions:
1. We plan on taking Taxis mostly, unless we are going somewhere particularly situated next to a MRT stop. Would anyone advise against this?
2. Is there any shuffle of the itinerary one might suggest to be more efficient in our time spent?
3. What are the trading hours of places over there. I have read that shopping centres are typically open late, is that true?
4. When we are out "walking around" is there anything in the area mentioned above that I should make a point of seeing. For example, in another forum someone said there is a nice fountain or something in Clarke Quay?
Any responses are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, all! :)