We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spend No Night in Singapore?

Sai Gon
Level Contributor
128 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Spend No Night in Singapore?

Dear all,

I am going to go directly to Malacca after landing in Singapore. Is it feasible? I am not sure if the Immigration Rules require at least 01 night stay there before leaving the country?

Thank you!

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
47,876 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spend No Night in Singapore?

WIND_VIETNAM, hi

1/ Not it`s not mandatory to stay in SIn if you do not like it. You may go straight to MAL, no problem.

2/ Although the valid proof of your outing of the country may be asked at changi immigration: onward tickets, accommodation in MAL, bus tickets, or train tickets etc?

Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,542 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spend No Night in Singapore?

Hi, If I am not wrong on the immigration card you have to fill out the number of days you are staying in Singapore not the number of nights. In your case you just have to put 1 day on the immigration card.

Sai Gon
Level Contributor
128 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spend No Night in Singapore?

Thank you so much, Schonefeld and Huow!

As there are some countries requiring at least 01 night stay, so I was so afraid :). So, I will leave for Malacca for first 2 nights, then come back to Singapore for the last 2 nights. Hope that this would be alright.

Wish you a nice day

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
47,876 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spend No Night in Singapore?

WIND_VIETNAM,

you are most welcome.

Travel safely!

5. Re: Spend No Night in Singapore?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2015, 05:16