We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sense check of my itinerary please?

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Sense check of my itinerary please?

After weeks reading blogs and useful comments on this forum, I have put together an itinerary for me and my family (including 2 kids, ages 7 and 8), for March 2019. I would be really grateful if you could look over it and tell me if I've made any crazy mistakes. We will be coming to the end of a 7 month round the world trip, and coming straight from the Rio Carnival...

Mar 10 - Fly Rio to Foz de Igussu

Mar 11 - Explore Brazil side and get bus to Argentinian side

Mar 12 - Explore Argentinian side

Mar 13 - Fly Puerto Iguazu to Salta

2 nights, 1 full day in Salta

3 nights, 2 full days in Purmamarca (1 day drive north for day trip)

2 nights, 1 full day in Salta (probably do road trip to Santa Rosa de Tastil)

1 night in Cache

2 nights in Cafayate

Mar 24 - Fly to Bariloche

5 nights in Bariloche

Mar 29 - Fly to Calafate

4 nights Calafate (including day trip to Glaciar)

Apr 2 - Fly to BA

We will hire a car for the Salta region, and for 2 days in Bariloche. Do we need a car in Calafate (the tour company pick us up for the glacier tour)?

From there, we will probably spend a couple days in BA (we already have 2 days there on the way to Brazil), then go up to Uruguay for a while.

I think I'm fairly happy with the itinerary, but we'd love to do an overnight at an estancia somewhere - I can add in a few more days. Any thoughts on where we should fit that in? I know there are estancias close to BA, Salta and Calafate. Somewhere the kids can see a real working estancia. Would love some ideas on this.

Thanks in advance...

Fiona

1 reply
San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
12,868 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Sense check of my itinerary please?

You would only need the car if you were going to add El Chalten to your Calafate segment.

Have a look at www.estancialosdoshermanos.com for an estancia experience near to Buenos Aires for the family.

In addition, you can find listings for many estancias at www.welcomeargentina.com for each province.

Your program looks very good.

Have fun with your holiday planning.

Reply to: Sense check of my itinerary please?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted