We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reserve how far in advance?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Reserve how far in advance?

Hi! I'm heading down to Argentina the first week and a half of December.

I'll be going to Buenos Aires, Iguazu, and El Calafate.

How far in advance should I start booking hostels and/or flights?

Bariloche
Level Contributor
604 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reserve how far in advance?

Calafate in december is quite busy...so as soon as possible, do your hotel and flight bookings

Punta del Este...
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reserve how far in advance?

BA also will be busy. Flights could fill up well in advance. I don't know about hostels, but boutique hotels will also fill up.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reserve how far in advance?

If I head down to Calafate for 3days/2nights, will I most likely stay in Calafate or is there time to head to Bariloche?

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Reserve how far in advance?

I would agree with the previous posters and book flights now. I had planned to book flights from BA to El Calafate for late November previously, but had not actually booked them because there was so much availability. Last weekend when I decided to book the flights on the Aerolineas website, all of the flight times that I had hoped to book were no longer available. Either I had to fly out at 5:40 am or 11:00 am and not make a 1:00 treck to the glacier. I was, however, able to book an 8:00 flight by booking through Cheapseats.com and paying a $20 booking fee.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Reserve how far in advance?

December is bussy everywhere in Argentina. I agree. It's best to book in advance.

6. Re: Reserve how far in advance?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 16:20