We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Estancias?

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,203 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Estancias?

Hi again. Have always wanted to stay at an estancia in Argentina. Estancia Los Portreros is used by many riding companies (e.g., Equitours), but, is pricey. Any suggestions of a good estancia (good horses and good food) in the Northwest, Cordoba area, or in the Northeast for a July visit?

Level Contributor
207 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Estancias?

We had a very nice visit at the Estancia el Bordo de las Lanzas www.turismoelbordo.com.ar/index.php?ln=1 in June. The weather was pleasant in the Salta area. I looked into estancias in Cordoba during the winter, and the weather was too cold for my taste. The family switched from cattle ranching to more profitable sugarcane as the main focus of El Bordo. They have other ranches and farms, and said they would arrange a visit to other properties if we were interested. We rode Peruvian paseo horses, but they also had some Polo horses. The food was good and abundant.

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,203 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Estancias?

hi--thanks for the suggestion. Do you know what the rates are? They are not posted on the website.

nyc
Level Contributor
513 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Estancias?

estancia la paz in ascochinga, 45 minutes from cordoba

Level Contributor
207 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Estancias?

You will have to contact them to find out what their rates are. If you look for hotels in Salta & Northern Argentina on TripAdvisor, there are a few other estancias reviewed.

El Bordo de las Lanzas was included in the book 1001 Places to Visit Before You Die. We enjoyed our visit.

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,203 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Estancias?

I sent a message to Estancia El Bordo de las Lanzas using the email address posted on their website but it does not appear to be operational. Do you have a good website address for them?

Also, I ran across a luxury itineary for estancias in the Northwest that used manantial del milagro. Seemed to get good ratings on tripadvisor also. Any one been to either place recently, or has a better idea of how much they currently go for now?

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Estancias?

For a super high-end Estancia experience, I suggest you check out Villa Maria. Im not sure they are in full operation yet... but they are up there in the best of the best Estancia category.

http://www.estanciavillamaria.com/

Level Contributor
207 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Estancias?

Try the email at El Bordo again. It might have been a temporary outage. If it still doesn't work, I suggest calling. Check the website to see if they are open this time of year. Some estancias close during the off-season.

Buenos Aires
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Estancias?

Contessa!!! You should check Estancia San Pedro Viejo or San Pedro Viejo Hotel de Campo if you are looking for a great Estancia experience. It is on northern Cordoba area, an ideal step between the north and B.A

I was there with some friends and I strongly recommend it. The food and wine are great, outstanding management and incredible horses. Peruvian Paso ones. Check their website:

www.sanpedroviejo.com.ar

Other choice maybe El Colibrí. It is a relaix château but is incredibly pricey...

Good luck with the gauchos!

Argentina
Level Contributor
3,532 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Estancias?

Too late, Argentina Expert, She already came, gone, and maybe planning a nest visit...

Giena

10. Re: Estancias?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 19:20