We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colonia or an extra day is Bariloche

Washington, DC
10 posts
Save Topic
Colonia or an extra day is Bariloche

Hi. We'll be heading to Argentina in late February/early March for a 2 week trip. I'm trying to decide if I should schedule an extra day in Buenos Aires (4 days or 5 days) to accommodate a trip to Colonia or should I tack on another day to our stay in Bariloche (3 or 4 full days)?

We are in our late 20s and very active but don't necessarily want to be running around the whole time and want to make sure we have time to relax and unwind from our busy schedules.

Thanks for your help!

Uruguay
Destination Expert
for Colonia del Sacramento
Level Contributor
508 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Colonia or an extra day is Bariloche

Hi, Liroko, I dont know how many days you are staying in Bariloche, which is very nice even without snow, but a sidetrip to Colonia will give you de possibility of knowing another country on a daytrip. Colonia is different than every other cities in Southamerica, because it has been founded by portuguese.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
3,624 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Colonia or an extra day is Bariloche

Save colonia for another time.... there is so much to see and do in Bariloche that you will be happy to have the extra day.

Washington, DC
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Colonia or an extra day is Bariloche

We currently have 3 full days scheduled in Buenos Aires at the beginning of the trip, and 1 day at the end. We do expect to be a bit tired at first arrival of course and would like to take it easy. We were planning on 3 days in Bariloche originally, but we extended our trip and have an extra day and aren't quite sure where to spend it: Buenos Aires with option to go to Colonia or Bariloche. We'll be there at the end of February and I would like to book the flight from BA to Bariloche soon. Any input you have helps! Thanks so much!!

nyc
Level Contributor
513 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Colonia or an extra day is Bariloche

Bariloche, no comparison. Colonia has a nice 6 block old town. But there is nothing to do and the infamous refrain I heard on the ferry, was "why did we waste our time visiting Colonia?" Uruguay has many great places to visit, but you can see Colonia in an hour and a half. Bariloche , on the other hand...

5. Re: Colonia or an extra day is Bariloche

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 01:20