We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What should I see during my trip in July?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Topic
What should I see during my trip in July?

Hi,

I will be in Buenos Aires from July 12 (for 19 days), mainly to visit a friend in the city. I plan to go on 1 or 2 side trips outside of BA. Probably 3 to 4 days duration each. Any suggestions as to what destinations are ideal for me to visit at this time of year, that aren't too cold. (I'm not interested in skiing if that helps).

I am flexible to travel by plane, but wont be hiring a car to get around.

ANy suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

Mendoza? Salta? Iguazu? anywhere else in the North?

Also would I need to take Malaria precautions if I travelled to the North? Is yellow fever vaccine necessary for Iguazu or other northern areas, even for a short duration trip?

THanks

Argentina
Level Contributor
3,517 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What should I see during my trip in July?

Jenny, SAlta is one of the most popular destinations in July because of the beautiful weather we have... You can not ski, but you will see the most scenic landscapes you ever imagined... Purmamarca and the 7 colour mountains, and the Salt Flats, and Cafayate (our wine country)... wildlife (vicuñas, condors, birds)... a deep blue sky, and the colours you can hardly imagine in the mountains.

Not less than 4 days are required... and you willl love to have even more time...

I promise.

Giena

2. Re: What should I see during my trip in July?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 11:21