We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a 2 week itinerary for November

Seattle WA
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Planning a 2 week itinerary for November

We (married couple in our mid 20s from the northwest USA) have the following preliminary itinerary set up for this November, but we are only committed to the arrival and departure date in Montevideo at this point. We would like some input before we look into booking domestic flights and hotel accommodations. I want to restrict the domestic travel to approximately 2 destinations to save on cost and time on airplanes.

Day 1 - Arrive in Montevideo (Lodging in Montevideo)

Day 2 – Take the ferry to BA (Lodging in BA)

Day 3 – Fly to Iguazu Falls (Lodging in Iguazu Falls)

Day 4 – Hiking and sightseeing at Iguazu Falls (Lodging in Iguazu Falls)

Day 5 – Fly direct to Salta (Lodging in Salta)

Day 6 – Sightseeing in Salta (Lodging in Salta)

Day 7 – Fly to BA (Lodging in BA)

Day 8 – Day in BA (Lodging in BA)

Day 9 – Day in BA (Lodging in BA)

Day 10- Ferry to Colonia del Sacramento (Lodging in Colonia del Sacramento)

Day 11- Day in Colonia del Sacramento (Lodging in Colonia del Sacramento )

Day 12- Return to Montevideo and fly out that night

Are we missing out on anything or are we trying to do too much? On our past few trips abroad, we have always gone to the key destination (ie Machu Pichu in Peru, Chichenitza in Mexico, the Panama Canal in Panama). Argentina doesn’t seem to have a standalone “must see” attraction from what I have read. Iguazu Falls stands out since it seems like one of those awe inspiring destinations. Salta is highly recommended so we have it on the itinerary now but would we are not necessarily museum and wine country enthusiasts. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Edited: 30 March 2010, 20:44
bracknell
Level Contributor
190 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning a 2 week itinerary for November

Hi,

As much as I love Salta and the North West, if you only have 1.5 days I have to question whether it is worth the cost of the flight and the time. It's the sort of place that needs anything from 3 days to 3 weeks.

I am going to be little controversial and say loose Salta and split the time between Iguazu and spend a day and night in Montevideo - allegedly South America's easiest going capital city and if nothing else you have some good beaches.

Enjoy you trip, November is just the perfect time for a visit.

2. Re: Planning a 2 week itinerary for November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2010, 07:17