We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aerolinas Argentinas Visite Argentina air pass

Sydney, Australia
4 posts
Save Topic
Aerolinas Argentinas Visite Argentina air pass

has any body used the Aerolinas Argentinas Visite Argentina air pass? Seems a good deal.comments welcome

usa
Level Contributor
120 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aerolinas Argentinas Visite Argentina air pass

i'd like to second this question. can someone tell me if this program is on in October 2010? how does it work? Thanks in advance!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
991 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aerolinas Argentinas Visite Argentina air pass

Yes I have used the Visite Argentina Air Pass on several trips over the last few years...the name has changed to Visite but the service is still the same...I think it offers travellers a good way of seeing Argentina. I might point out to DrSimon59 that if for example you only want to go to one other place than BA - say San Carlos de Bariloche - what you can do is purchase your fare from Sydney to Bariloche - do all that upfront or at the rear of your travel and use Buenos Aires as a STOPOVER - inclusive in your original ticket price - Aerolineas offer a Stopover either way....This is how I did the first time:

Sydney - San Carlos de Bariloche (Via Buenos Aires - change of airport) - San Carlos de Bariloche to Buenos Aires (Stopover for as many days, months as you like) and return Buenos Aires - Sydney...that was the same price as it would have been flying directly to BA and back to Sydney!!

The rules are that you use Aerolineas all the way - so you cannot get on the Qantas or Lan flights out of Sydney to BA and then buy Visite Argentina with Aerolineas....

The Visite Argentina air pass is always available - regardless of periods travelled - but only if you fly into Argentina on Aerolineas. It will be available for Oct 2010.

Hope that was not too long winded and confusing...

Suerte!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
991 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aerolinas Argentinas Visite Argentina air pass

oooh and I forgot to add - if you are going to use Aerolineas then join Aerolineas PLUS (FF program) - that travel itinerary explained above - gave us enough points on our next visit to fly between BA and RIO on points...no restrictions on when to use them and which flights you can take (unlike Oneworld or Star Alliance programs that *I* find to be near impossible to book an award seat with)

Sydney, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Aerolinas Argentinas Visite Argentina air pass

Thanks Anttraveller great advice.

I went for a cheap AA Syd BA ret fare, did ask the agent if they did a free stopover but was told not on such cheap fares - always good to do homework PRIOR to ticket purchase!.

BTW tolya28 ring BA bookings to organise, they were very helpful on the phone. Told me that some direct flights eg Bariloche-Salta-Iguasu only go on Weds and Sats, so a bit of planning needed to avoid backwards and fowards to BA all the time

usa
Level Contributor
120 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aerolinas Argentinas Visite Argentina air pass

pardon, what's BA booking?

usa
Level Contributor
120 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aerolinas Argentinas Visite Argentina air pass

DrSimon, i checked aerolinas web site and i do not see direct flights betweenSalta and Bariloche. were they discontinued?

Sydney, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Aerolinas Argentinas Visite Argentina air pass

BA=Buenos Aires

The AA Sydney office told me that the direct airfares start in August. Best to contact them directly.

Big country, I'm having trouble deciding what to do(more to the point what to leave out!) in 3 weeks. Lack of flights make it difficult.

Suerte tolya28

Sydney, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Aerolinas Argentinas Visite Argentina air pass

PS just checked my notes, you go bariloche-mendoza -salta. Bit faster than via BA

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
991 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aerolinas Argentinas Visite Argentina air pass

DrSimon59 - it is such a dilemma having to leave things out - but my guess is that you will love it so much that next year you will want to go back and explore more...

This may be hard - but do not leave out - Bariloche / Salta (Geina would be terribly upset :-) ) and if you once your lips take in Malbec - you will kick yourself if you leave Mendoza out as well.

usa
Level Contributor
120 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aerolinas Argentinas Visite Argentina air pass

thanks so much, this forum makes traveling so much easier...

can someone give me an idiot's crash course on how to use this airpass? i saw a link on the airline web site. so if i follow, do i just purchase tix just like normal except at a lower price or what?

thanks in advance!