We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Bus Companies

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
Best Bus Companies

Hi everyone, I am interested in which companies for long-distance bus trips in Argentina you would recommend. Have you had problems with any of them, or can you give some general advice? Does online-booking work well?I am collecting some information about bus travel in Argentina and it would greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Argentina
Argentina
South America
Piazzolla Tango Show and Dinner in...
98 Reviews
from US$40.46*
Free Cancellation
Gaucho Day Tour Ranch in San Antonio...
86 Reviews
from US$167.00*
Free Cancellation
Special Offer
Buenos Aires Super Saver: City...
155 Reviews
from US$134.85*
US$164.22
Free Cancellation
San Francisco
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Bus Companies

Hi AomiArmster,

Here is a link to a thread I started a few months ago asking some similar questions and getting some helpful answers from others: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g312741-i979-k3625…

We went with Flecha Bus to Salta and had a pretty unpleasant experience. From what we've heard since, quality varies not only by company, but also by route (e.g., Flecha might be bad on BA-Salta, but good on some other route). We didn't find any good online resources that compare companies unfortunately, so best thing to do is ask on some of the forums if anyone has had good/bad experiences with a particular company on a particular route.

We bought tickets at the station, so not sure about online purchase (though it looked like it would have worked).

Good luck!

Ryan

Mentioned in this post
Salta
Salta
Province of Salta, Argentina
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
1,095 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Bus Companies

It depend on where are you gong ! in order that every company have special destinations.

An it isn`t the company you chose also of what kind of seat . Normal , Semi Cama , Cama or Suite.

Some of the major companies are:

Via Bariloche

Crucero del Norte

Flecha Bus

Andesmar

3. Re: Best Bus Companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2011, 06:18