We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 Days in Buenos Aires

SAN FRANCISCO
Level Contributor
26 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
5 Days in Buenos Aires

I am traveling with my fiance to Buenos Aires for 5 days in July. I was thinking about the following itinerary but not sure I'm hitting all the hot spots or doing everything on the right day (so I don't have to spend half my day in traffic). Any help would be appreciated!!

Day 1 (Arrive in BA at 8 AM):

- Walk through La Boca neighborhood

- eat at Cafe Tortoni (lunch)

- Go to Plaza de Mayo, Calle Florida, Casa Rosada, and the Cathedral

Day 2:

- Historic BA/city walking tour

- walk through Puerto Madero at night and have dinner there

Day 3:

- Walk through Palermo and shop!

Day 4 (Saturday):

- Recoleta Feria, Recoleta Cemetry, Recoleta Park, Eva Peron Museum

Day 5 (Sunday):

- San Telmo Feria

Also, any food recommendations for each day/night would be AMAZING!

Thanks in advance :)

Edited: 29 June 2012, 18:40
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
765 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 Days in Buenos Aires

Hola Emily!

I think your itinerary of Buenos Aires is pretty good.

Of course there are always more things to do, and it could turn into a never-end list.

Cafe Tortoni is lovely, great for a coffee, I personally don't like their food. It is a little pricey and not so good. Buenos Aires is plenty of excellent restaurantes and cafés.

Of course Tortoni means tradition- but I like it much more for a coffee than a meal.

For lunch in downtown here are a couple of my favourites,

El Establo

Paraguay and San Martin. Tel 4311-1639 This parrilla is popular with tourist and locals because of its huge portions, their great high quality of beef and the nice home made lemoncello that you get as a courtesy.

Granix

Florida 165, 1st floor. Just for lunch from Monday to Friday.

This vegetarian all you can eat is one of the healthiest and delicious options in downtown. Very busy with people from the offices, completely hidden, not even a sign, but always full.

El Palacio de la Papa Frita

Av. Corrientes1612 Tel: 4374-8063/ 4374-0920

A classic. They have been cooking the best soufflé potatoes in the country for the last fifty years. Good variety of dishes: beef, chicken and pastas.

I hope it helps and that you have lots of fun!

Veronica

Say Hueque Tours

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
945 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 Days in Buenos Aires

The historic walking tour will surely cover Plaza de Mayo and probably La Boca, so I would plan for something else for your first day. Probably some of the museums (the Malba, Fine Arts museum) and the parks in Palermo (Japanese Garden, Botanical Garden, Rose Garden), or Plaza San Martin and Galerias Pacifico.

Or take the guided tour of Teatro Colon, which is fabulous.

Buenos Aires...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 Days in Buenos Aires

I would try and take i the Eva Peron musem when in the Palermo neighburhood as it is at that end, the japenese gardens are also only a few streets by and are beautiful!!

The gallery shopping centre on Florida is a must see although the shops are all designer and not neccessariyl travel budget friendly! the metro is fantatstic, only 2.50 ar per ride, but can get very crowded as with all big cities! Ive been here for three fullon days of walking and i get the feeling i havent seen half of what this wonderful city has to offer!!

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,560 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 Days in Buenos Aires

Points that have not been raised thus far:

1. La Boca is not a very safe neighborhood. Apart from walking on el Camintio (the little pedestrian alleyway with the bright colored buildings) la Boca is best navigated by bus or taxi.

2. Palermo. Know where you want to go in Palermo. There are different "Palermos"....Soho, Hollywood, Chico, and so forth. For boutique shopping, Soho is where you want to go. The Evita Museum is in the area of Palermo near the zoo....I agree with the suggestion to visit it, and would add you might want to do a little online research about Eva Peron before your trip. Also, there is an excellent cafe in the museum. Good place for lunch.

3. I second the recommendation for el Establo when you are downtown.

4. Puerto Madero...there are many dining options in Puerto Madero....Happening is a good option for traditional Argentine food...La Parolaccia or la Parolaccia del Mar (Italian and Italian seafood resepectively) are good choices. Two options for all you can eat...Gourmet Porteno and la Bisteca...both have a nice range of traditional food found in Argentia.

SAN FRANCISCO
Level Contributor
26 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 Days in Buenos Aires

Thank you for your feedback!! This is great stuff. I will continue to update my itinerary.

Any other advice is ALWAYS welcome!

6. Re: 5 Days in Buenos Aires

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2013, 10:15