We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary - Second attempt

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
615 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary - Second attempt

Any comments are appreciated. I found that if I enter these exact dates the flight prices when all booked together are affordable. Would be going late Nov/early Dec.

Day 1 - arrive Buenos Aires late afternoon

2. BA

3. BA

4. BA

5. Fly to Iguazu

6. Iguazu Falls

7. Hike forest around falls to see widlife

8. Fly back to BA

9. BA

10. Fly to El Calafate

11. Patagonia

12. Patagonia

13. Patagonia

14. Patagonia

15. Patagonia

16. Fly to BA in morning, fly to Toronto in evening

In Patagonia we would want to do some mild to moderate hiking, see the glacier, maybe stay at an estancia... I wouldn't mind cutting a day from here but it adds about $650 total to the flights. Any comments are appreciated.

Parque Nacional Nahuel Huapi
Observation Decks & Towers, Forests, National Parks, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Bodies of Water
Laberinto Patagonia
Parks, Theme Parks, Scenic Walking Areas, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Forests
San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,800 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary - Second attempt

The amount of time which you have allocated for each destination seems appropriate.

Since you are flying back to BA on the same day of which you have an international departure, then be sure to have a backup plan in case the flight is delayed or cancelled.

Have you had a chance to look at www.interpatagonia.com for more details on your destinations in Patagonia.

Have fun with your holiday planning.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
482 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary - Second attempt

Your itinerary pretty much looks like what we have planned for November/December. Except we have a full week in BA. We're gonna do the Tigre tour and a day in Colonia (possibly). I've been to BA before but didn't make it to Iguazu and Patagonia so I wanted extra time in those places.

It sounds like you have a wonderful trip planned. Did you use an agent or are you booking things yourself?

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
786 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary - Second attempt

Hola Marcc24!

Great to read you are coming!

I think your itinerary is well planned.

I would recommend, if you stay all those days in the area of El Calafate, of course, to visit El Chalten (it is about 3 hours by bus from El El Calafate, with wonderful trekking opportunities) and maybe at least do a day tour to Torres del Paine.

Day 8 that you stay back in Buenos Aires, you can also look for a connecting flight to go directly to Patagonia.

Of course to have 2 flights in the same day is always a little of stress with our national airline, but you can also get a plan with LAN, and leaving that day for the end of your itinerary, as Ricardo said, so that you don't take that risk with the international flight.

I really hope you like our country!

Saludos from cold Buenos Aires!

Say Hueque Tours

4. Re: Itinerary - Second attempt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2013, 06:16