We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South America Itinerary Advice Pls - 2 months, Oct -Nov 2012

London, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
South America Itinerary Advice Pls - 2 months, Oct -Nov 2012

Hi,

I'm planning to go to South america for 2 months from beg Oct - Dec 2012.

I'd very much like to see the below but have the following questions:

Rio de Janeiro

Iguazu Falls

Buenos Aires

Salt Lakes

Machu Pichu

Galapagos Islands

a) is this too much to cover?

b) how do I get from one place to the next, how long will it take and how much will it cost?

c) what is the best way to book internal flights as these seem really expensive

d) if it really is too much, is it best to skip ecuador and the galapagos islands and do the rest of the trip from Rio to Lima?

e) according to the itinerary if i am able to do it all, I can then fly into Rio and out of Quito but if I'm pushed for time I could do rio to Lima.

f) it seems that the challenge is getting from BA to La Paz as the internal flight is v expensive - that means bus would be the alternative which may not give me enough time to get to ecuador/galapagos.

g) I will be a solo traveller but I speak spanish (nearly fluent!) and have travelled alone before.

I am a traveller that does like to keep moving and see new places. I dont mind not being able to see everything but would like to see the highlights especially those I have mentioned above.

Any thoughts please?

Internal Flight Prices (Approx)

Rio to Iguazu - £56

Iguazu to BA - £146

BA to Quito - £583

BA to La Paz - £570

BA to Lima - £270

Lima to Quito - £367

Many thanks,

Nina

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: South America Itinerary Advice Pls - 2 months, Oct -Nov 2012

I will be doing the same trip Feb-March 2013. I would like to know your itinerary if possible with you. I am a single traveller as well. Thanks.

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: South America Itinerary Advice Pls - 2 months, Oct -Nov 2012

Sorry, Feb-March 2014 instead.

London, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: South America Itinerary Advice Pls - 2 months, Oct -Nov 2012

Hi,

Sure I'd be happy to share this with you - if you let me know your email I can send you the itinerary I put together and followed, the accommodation I selected and any other tips.

Thanks,

Nina

Central coast
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: South America Itinerary Advice Pls - 2 months, Oct -Nov 2012

Hi Iam also doing this Trip in Jan and feb 2014 and would love any info you could share

5. Re: South America Itinerary Advice Pls - 2 months, Oct -Nov 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2014, 06:20