We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Craigslist or Equivalent in BA?

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
482 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Craigslist or Equivalent in BA?

I'm heading down to BA at the end of November and was thinking of bringing my UNLOCKED iPhone with me and using it while in BA.

Knowing that some products are very hard to come by in Argentina, I was thinking about selling my iPhone 4S while I was in Buenos Aires since they're currently selling for around $4500 Pesos on Craigslist. (I originally plan on selling it when I return since I already received my new iPhone 5). Even if I got $3000-3500 pesos this is still a lot more than I could sell it for at home.

Can anyone think of a reason this would be illegal? Obviously I understand this could be dangerous too and would take necessary precautions like meeting in a cafe or something. Have there been any robberies of people meeting of Craigslist?

Any thoughts would be great.

Full Day Tour to the Perito Moreno...
175 reviews
from US$125.00*
Special Offer
Buenos Aires Super Saver: City...
132 reviews
from US$135.58*
US$152.63
Iguazu Falls Private Day Trip from...
5 reviews
from US$1,098.00*
El Calafate Adventure Tour: Hiking...
30 reviews
from US$314.09*
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Craigslist or Equivalent in BA?

There is www.deremate.com.ar where many people sell their used products. You have to register with id numbers, address etc. and I am not sure if it is set up for foreign id's. This usually offers some protection to buyer and seller.

2. Re: Craigslist or Equivalent in BA?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 31 July 2013, 03:37
3. Re: Craigslist or Equivalent in BA?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2014, 05:19