We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Argentina Reciprocity fee

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Argentina Reciprocity fee

Does anyone know any details on this? "Effective immediately, any passenger visiting Argentina with an American, Canadian or Australian passport will be required to pay in advance the Reciprocity Fee online. " We will be flying from IGR to AEP on 11/27, would we have to pay that fee as Americans? It seems to have certain dates and airports that fall into the mix of having to pay this and can we pay when we get there instead of in advance? Any information would be appreciated!

83 replies to this topic
Michigan
Level Contributor
2,249 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Argentina Reciprocity fee

Thanks to both of you. I have also read that each traveler's separate ID should use a different email address. True? I had planned to use mine for all of them. Should I avoid doing that? If so, I can have the others forward the email they receive to me (just one extra step) to consolidate.

Also, how close is too close before departure? One week?

Mendoza, Argentina
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Argentina Reciprocity fee

For an American, i would say weekS before, as little downside. Your fee is for 10 years. This is not the case for a Canadian going for the cheaper $75 three month fee, which starts to run from the date of purchase.

Mississauga, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
43. Re: Argentina Reciprocity fee

Hi guys.

So you HAVE to buy this VISA before you leave for the airport. And it doesn't matter where you are entering Argentina as small little immigration points in Patagonia have also asked for the visa.

For a more detailed summary of what you need to do (and if you have anything questions) please visit this site: undertheyewtree.com/argentina-reciprocity-fe…

Westerville, Ohio
2 posts
Save Reply
44. Re: Argentina Reciprocity fee

I have a valid entry fee (7 more years) on an expired passport. I was told by the Argentine Embassy that as long as I bring my valid passport and my expired one with entry fee ticket I will be ok. Can any one else verify.

Oroville
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Argentina Reciprocity fee

I just bought the $160USD reciprocity fee charged by Argentina to American citizens. It is a fee not a VISA. It is valid for 10 years. The fee is paid ON LINE PRIOR to your arrival at any port of entry. The website is simple to navigate. Print out your receipt. You will only be able to print the BAR CODE. You cannot enter the country without paying this fee PRIOR to your arrival. When you check in at their customs/ immigration office the bar code is verified and your passport is stickered for future use. You do not pay a fee to EXIT the country. I use a debit card with no problems.

baltimore
Level Contributor
7 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Argentina Reciprocity fee

American Airlines attendant would not allow me to board plane from Miami to Buenos Aires with my old passport showing entry into Argentina seven years ago. I had checked in advance and the entry stamp should have been sufficient. I had no choice but to go on line immediately to pay fee if I wanted to board plane.

WDC
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,282 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Argentina Reciprocity fee

That employee was out of line...and out of touch with the regulations. In such a case, asking to speak to a manager might have alleviated the need for a second payment while you still had validity on your 7 year old payment.

Westerville, Ohio
2 posts
Save Reply
48. Re: Argentina Reciprocity fee

That is correct, Had my expired Paasport still with a valid stamp and had no problem on our cruise vacation.

Before I left, I also called 3 different Argentina Embassies and they all verified my stamp was good as long as I brought both passports.

baltimore
Level Contributor
7 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Argentina Reciprocity fee

Unfortunately, the manager only gave me the option of paying the fee. After arguing for 15 minutes, I was left with 10 minutes to run and pay the fee on line to board the plane.

Indio, California
10 posts
Save Reply
50. Re: Argentina Reciprocity fee

How long is the Reciprocity fee good for? If I fly to Chile for a few days and then back to Argentina do I have to pay the fee again? I was told that if you bus from Chile to Argentina you didn't have to pay the fee, but that does not appear to be correct?

Reply to: Argentina Reciprocity fee
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted