We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus travel within Argentina

Tucson,AZ, USA
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Bus travel within Argentina

What's the best/safest bus company to travel from Buenos Aires to Rosario, then on to Cordoba and back to Buenos Aires?

Question has probably been answered but Arg. changes and changes..

Thanks,

Full Day Tour to the Perito Moreno...
180 reviews
from US$125.00*
Special Offer
Buenos Aires Super Saver: City...
138 reviews
from US$135.58*
US$152.63
Iguazu Falls Private Day Trip from...
6 reviews
from US$1,098.00*
Perito Moreno Glacier Hiking Tour...
32 reviews
from US$314.09*
Italy
Level Contributor
39,510 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus travel within Argentina

We used Andesmar and were very happy with them but I don't think there's much difference between any of the bus companies. We got the most expensive seats as we only travelled on the night buses and wanted the flat beds, we were actually dreading the trip as we had never travelled on a long bus journey before but were pleasantly surprised.

Argentina
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
5,620 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus travel within Argentina

Both Buenos Aires to Rosario and Rosario to Córdoba are rather short trips by Argentinean standards (4 - 5 hours). I would avoid Chevallier if possible, because they have a reputation of being unreliable, but I agree with Chrella that any bus company should do.

As for the return (Córdoba to Buenos Aires), I would recommend Urquiza / sierras de Córdoba - Ejecutivo Cama Suite service, which is the best for that route IMHO.

You can see fares and schedules on the Plataforma 10 website:

www.plataforma10.com

(Enter "Retiro" for bus station at Buenos Aires).

Grande Prairie...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus travel within Argentina

I would also recommend checking this website Platforma10 when trying to get your head around how long it will take to travel within Argentina. Sometimes it is very difficult to appreciate the distances and what is a conceivable travel plan. In preparation for this trip we tried numerous ways of going about planning but ultimately, after exhausting every alternative, ended up just heading to the bus station after arriving in Buenos Aires to buy our tickets. The agents speak enough English to guide you through the process and will take a discount if you offer cash.

We are taking the overnight bus to Iguazu and from there...

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,647 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus travel within Argentina

When booking the buses, then I try to choose the higher levels of service(Full cama/EJ/Suite) from each company. The prices are going to be a little more, but well worth it. The Argentine bus companies do an excellent job with the types of seats and comforts with this higher level.

Your journeys will be relatively short, but it's nice to be comfortable and safe.

5. Re: Bus travel within Argentina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2014, 07:16