We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Help - 10 Days

Texas
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary Help - 10 Days

Hi all,

We are a couple spending 10 days in Argentina and are so looking forward to it. Can you advise me on this itinerary and whether it is too slow or if I need to spend more time in BA over Patagonia? Thanks so much!

Day 1: Arrive in BA In AM. Overnight in BA.

Day 2: Leave early in AM for El Calafate via plane

Day 3: Perito Moreno, overnight in Calafate

Day 4: Christina Estancia Tour, overnight in El Calafate

Day 5: Bus to El Chalten, overnight in El Chalten

Day 6: Laguna de lost Tres Hike, overnight in El Chalten

Day 7: Back to El Calafate for evening flight to BA, overnight in BA

Day 8: BA

Day 9: BA

Day 10: BA

Day 11: BA, then Depart for Home in evening

Any advice or suggestions are welcome!

Thanks so much!

Córdoba
Level Contributor
571 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary Help - 10 Days

I think it sounds perfect to do 2 destinations in 10 days, you will really enjoy more that way. What is not clear is when you will be traveling, because do know that Patagonia is low season from April to August, and many excursions do not take place then......

Texas
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary Help - 10 Days

Thanks so much for the advice. We will be there in mid-March to end of March. Do you think I should spend more time in BA? I'm not sure where to spend most of our time...

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
763 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary Help - 10 Days

Hola TX,

I think your planning is really good.

You ask where to spend more time- it is really hard to say as it depends a lot of what you like the most.

If you are a city person, you will love Buenos Aires. If the weather is cold or rainny, you still have a lot of things to do in Buenos Aires- so I think your planning is really good.

You could add one more day in El Chalten to do the Cerro Torre walk which is lovely, or the Lomo del Pliegue Tumbado, also very nice (from where you can see all the massive).

But this depends a lot in how much you like long walks-

Have fun and enjoy!!

Veronica

Say Hueque Argentina Tours

4. Re: Itinerary Help - 10 Days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2014, 04:15