We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

9 Days in Argentina?

Pleasanton...
2 posts
Save Topic
9 Days in Argentina?

I'm going to be visiting Argentina for 9 days of personal travel prior to a week of work in Buenos Aires. I will be traveling the last week of May. The destinations I am considering are Iguazu Falls, Bariloche, and Mendoza. I think it is only realistic to see 2 of these 3 and not be rushed. Thus far I am planning on 3.5 days in Mendoza or Bariloche + 2 days at Iguazu falls + a couple days in Buenos Aires prior to work. I enjoy being active, hiking, outdoors, museums, historical sights, as well as good food and wine.

I'm looking for help with the following questions:

Is this a realistic timeline?

Should I visit Bariloche or Mendoza? Any other suggestions are welcome :)

Any great tours/sights/things to do @ these destinations?

What will the weather be like in these locations (how cold...)?

Any other suggestions are welcome. Thanks!!!

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
86 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 9 Days in Argentina?

Hey Rick! In my opinion, your priority should be Iguazu Falls, and focus on it, you have .

As I can see, you are from California, so you have good wine and winnerys there, as well as Mendoza. So if I were you I shoud skip Mendoza and I would go to Bariloche. The weather will be cold there, but you can take some hot chocolate in "La Abuela Goye" in downtown with a delicious piece of raspberry cake. Mmmh! You can enjoy the forest near the lake and you can compare with the Iguazu fall forest.

If you vave any doubt, send me a message.

I hope you enjoy Argentina in spite of you are travelling for work.

Pablo

Córdoba
Level Contributor
571 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 9 Days in Argentina?

Good food & wine & an active life style also go very well with Mendoza, but I think I´ll agree with Pablo that for someone from California the Bariloche region might be more appealing. Definitely visit the Los Arrayanes national park near Villa La Angostura, make a boat trip on Lago Nahuel Huapi and do some rafting at the Manso River. Also the wines from Patagonia (region Neuquen) are becoming better and better...........

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
762 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 9 Days in Argentina?

Hola Rick,

I think that considering weather, the best options would be or Iguazu and Mendoza or Iguazu and Salta.

May in Bariloche can have lots of rain, cold and some snow.

Mendoza is sunny most of the year, and although in May is cooler, still during the day you have shinny sun.

Salta is also an area for wine (you can try the great white, Torrontes) and a very different culture.

Iguazu and Salta can make a great combination and you can leave Patagonia for next time.

Have fun!

Veronica

Say Hueque Argentina Tours

WDC
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,184 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 9 Days in Argentina?

I would choose Iguazu for sure -and try to arrange to visit both the Argentine and Brazilian sides (IMO worth the time and cost for a Visa) and then fly over to the Northwest (try to find a flight directly from Iguazu to Salta (or Jujuy). Renting a car and spending as many days as you can spare in this gorgeous area would be my strong preference. Some folks have raved about the Tour Guides in the Northwest, if you want to be relieved of driving and/or planning.

I really enjoyed the Bariloche area, but between the weather and the greater beauty and cultural interest in the Northwest, I would certainly try to get there. And I agree that Mendoza will be less different for you, as a Californian.

5. Re: 9 Days in Argentina?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2014, 06:19