We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Specific Question About Reciprocity Fee for a U.S. National

Mobile,AL
Level Contributor
89 posts
226 reviews
Save Topic
Specific Question About Reciprocity Fee for a U.S. National

I have a U.S. passport that expires in two years. If I pay the reciprocity fee on line this year to enter Argentina through EZE later on this year will the document that I print out be valid for 10 years from the date I complete this process on line or only until I get a new U.S. passport(because my passport number will not be the same on my next passport and will not match the one that I printed now)?

When I paid a similar fee at the Santiago airport in 2007 this process was only valid for the duration that I have my present passport for and I was able to get back into Chile last year without paying another such fee.

Pasadena, California
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Specific Question About Reciprocity Fee for a U.S. National

Valid for 10 years.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,665 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Specific Question About Reciprocity Fee for a U.S. National

For Chile it is for the life of the passport; for Argentina it is ten years even in an expired passport.

Mobile,AL
Level Contributor
89 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Specific Question About Reciprocity Fee for a U.S. National

dancingmolly:

Thanks for clarifying this issue for me.

I truly appreciate your input.

Mobile Resident

4. Re: Specific Question About Reciprocity Fee for a U.S. National

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2014, 06:19