We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 weeks in Argentina

London, England...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
2 weeks in Argentina

Hi all,

Me and my other half are looking at visiting Argentina but we don't know very much about the country. We'd like to try and have a varied trip with a few days in a city, a few doing activities in a more rural area and a few relaxing in a decent beach or lake resort.

I was vaguely thinking fly to B.A. and then hire a car on from there but that is not set in stone.

Sorry this is soooo vague but we really are starting from scratch!

All suggestions welcome!

Thanks!

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
765 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 weeks in Argentina

Hola RDW85,

You will love Argentina!

First I will suggest roughly what I think could be a good itinerary for you, and then which other options there are-

- Buenos Aires three nights: here you can have a lot cultural activities, night life and some of the finest restaurantes of Latin America.

- Bariloche: For what you have said, Bariloche (or Villa la Angostura, a nearby mountain resort) would be good for you. Beaches in Argentina are not the style of the caribbean or Brazil ones. Having said that, I love Argentina beaches (particularly Mar de las Pampas and Carilo) where you have forest, kilometres of sand beach and nice bar and night life (in summer). But these beaches are not white-sand or hot water style.

Just for your consideration.

In Bariloche, pristine christal water, with the landscape of the Andes and mountains and forest all over the area, I think would be perfect. Probably a lake hotel and to rent a car would be ideal for you.

4 nights.

- For the following week there are several options,

- Mendoza: Vineyards and Mountains, 300 sunny days a year. Perfect if you are in a romantic plan.

- Calafate: Impressive glacier. Something you will never forget. Inmense, white, blue and bright. You can combine this destination with Chalten (just two hours away), trekkers paradise.

- Iguazu: Incredible waterfalls, Natural Wonder of the World. - Perfect if you are looking for the wow factor. The waterfalls are impresive and you will never forget them.

You can combine this destination with the Marshlands of Ibera, plenty of animal life, where you can stay in a jungle lodge.

- North-west (Salta-Jujuy area): andean small towns, salt flats

If you like more the idea of self-driving I would suggest the North West area of the country, probably flying out to Salta, staying there two nights, then driving to Purmamarca, staying there two nights, driving down to Cafayate, staying there one night and driving back to Salta, to fly back to Buenos Aires.

That is a more independent option and allows you beautiful landscapes and it is definitively a cultural experience.

I hope this helps, just let us know if you have preferencies and maybe here in the forum we can give you more tailor made recommendations!

Have a nice day!

Veronica

Say Hueque

2. Re: 2 weeks in Argentina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2014, 06:18