We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Santiago to Buenos Aires

Canberra, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Bus from Santiago to Buenos Aires

Hi there,

I am looking to catch a bus from Santiago to Buenos Aires in June 2014. Having a look online, the CATA bus through Mendoza seems like the best option, but I am having issues navigating their site and getting details...

Has anyone caught this bus? Any ideas on costs? From the site it looks like the bus isn't running at the moment??

Help would be appreciated!

Pretty much I am wanting to go to the World Cup in Brazil from Australia and am trying to do it on the cheap! Looking at flights, it seems as though the best route would be either Sydney to Santiago, or Sydney to LAX and then LAX to Santiago...

Look forward to hearing people's experiences...

Cat

Mendoza, Argentina
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Santiago to Buenos Aires

I think the issue is that you cannot book buses online until the middle of the month before. wait until then, you won't have any problems. The pass can be closed for several days in the winter, so book in lots of flexibility.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,000 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Santiago to Buenos Aires

I wouldn't even book ahead. Just grab a bus to Mendoza when you know the pass is open, then find another going to BA once you arrive. There are lots of departures.

3. Re: Bus from Santiago to Buenos Aires

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2014, 06:20