We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Argentina

Dubai
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Argentina

Hi,

We are planning a trip to Argentina in December mid and have limited or no knowledge of how to plan an itinerary. Would like it to be a mix of cultural and natural things - but don't have the ability to hike. Would also definitely like to see some wineries if possible. Also is 2 weeks good and can we see some parts of Chile too? The only thing I do know is that we will be flying into Buenos Aires. Many thanks for the help.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,981 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Argentina

How to plan an itinerary -

Decide where you want to go. (You may have to do some research on this, but it will be time well spent).

Check how to get between those places, eg bus, plane.

Book transport.

Book somewhere to stay at the various stops.

Take money and your passport.

That's it!

Have you thought of contacting a travel agent? Chile would be hard to fit in.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,589 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Argentina

With two weeks then you probably want to limit yourself to 3 destinations within Argentina because of the travel distances. You should plan on airflights to maximize tour time at your destinations.

For your stated preferences, then I would choose Buenos Aires, Iguazu Falls, and Mendoza for your 3 destinations. Have a look at www.welcomeargentina.com for more details on the destinations.

Your program might look like this: Buenos Aires 6-7 days(maybe a day trip to Colonia in Uruguay)

Iguazu Falls 2 days

Mendozawine region and high Andes) 4 days

If you wish to see some of Chile then you can take the bus from Mendoza over the Andes(spectacular day ride) to Santiago, Chile. This would give you a day or two to see Santiago and the wine growing areas nearby.

Have fun with your holiday planning.

Edited: 06 September 2013, 18:24
San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,589 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Argentina

From Santiago, Chile then fly home. I would not return to Buenos Aires for the flight unless you need to.

Argentina
Level Contributor
3,561 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Argentina

One of the most interesting places in Argentina is the NW of Argentina, if you love culture, Nature and Food, this is your destinarions. We also have great wines, amazong sceneries, wonderful weather and ... a lot of crafts... amonf many, many other things!!!

Take at least five days for this area and you will not regret!

Warm regards,

Angie/Giena

Dubai
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Argentina

Thank you all for your help. Will plan out a trip and will write back in again if I need advise ( which I am sure I will).

6. Re: Trip to Argentina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2014, 05:18