We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses from San Martin de Los Andes to Panguipulli

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Buses from San Martin de Los Andes to Panguipulli

Does anyone know if there is a bus that goes across the border via hua hum to Panguipulli? What is the schedule?

Is there a website to look that up? I found Andesmar buses, but they go to Temuco through Junin de Los Andes and Villarica, a longer way with a longer gravel stretch.

Peru
Level Contributor
671 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Buses from San Martin de Los Andes to Panguipulli

Hi SolymarBQ,

Most bus travel across borders connect larger cities. From San Martin de los Andes, look into buying a direct ticket to Valdivia, Chile and then purchasing a connecting ticket to Panguipulli. You can buy online through the Argentine website Plataforma 10. Well-reviewed bus companies: CATA, Via Bariloche, and Andesmar. Cama Ejecutivo is the most comfortable service, with fully reclinable seats and meal service.

Happy travels!

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,436 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buses from San Martin de Los Andes to Panguipulli

There is only buses Lafit and only one day a week. I can't remember if it is Saturday or Sunday. Someone reported the ferry is not working until December, so you can't use the route until after November. Lafit doesn't have a website and you can't book Chilean buses online without a Chilean issued cc anyway. If the day of the week suits, you can buy your ticket once you are in San Martin. The route through Junin to Pucón and Villarica is very scenic, through national parks on both sides, and the gravel bit isn't that long.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buses from San Martin de Los Andes to Panguipulli

Thank you Molly for all this information. I am going to take the route through Pucon and Villarrica that operates on Fridays. Someone posted that there are only 25 km of gravel through that route.

i needed the dates to book the hotels at the right places. I am so excited about visiting these places!

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,436 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buses from San Martin de Los Andes to Panguipulli

I was interested to see you mentioned Andesmar as that route has always been covered by Igillaima and San Martin on alternate days. Both left San Martin at about 6 am. I would be interested to know if there is another option now. It is a lovely route and I think you will enjoy it. You can see Lanin volcano for a lot of the way on the Argentine side and the border is right near it. Between the Argentine and Chilean border posts there is a forest of Auracaria trees which the road goes through. Keep your camera handy!

5. Re: Buses from San Martin de Los Andes to Panguipulli

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2014, 05:21