We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Argentina Reciprocity Fee | Dual Aus and UK Passport Holder

Gold Coast...
2 posts
Save Topic
Argentina Reciprocity Fee | Dual Aus and UK Passport Holder

Hi All,

I have been traveling in South America and have been using my Australian passport to enter and exit all countries since leaving Australia eight months ago.

Argentina is my next stop and I was wondering if anyone knows if I will encounter any difficulties trying to leave Chile (by bus) on my Australian passport (as this contains my entry stamp) and then enter Argentina on my UK passport, to avoid paying a reciprocity fee.

Thanks.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,413 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Argentina Reciprocity Fee | Dual Aus and UK Passport Holder

When you are at the Chileans exit immigration then have them stamp you out with your Oz passport. When you get to the Argentine immigration then use your UK passport to enter the country but be sure to use it for exit also.

2. Re: Argentina Reciprocity Fee | Dual Aus and UK Passport Holder

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2014, 05:16