We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Argentina / Uruguay in February

Marina del Rey...
3 posts
Save Topic
Argentina / Uruguay in February

Hello - I am planning a trip for 2 weeks in February to Argentina & Uruguay for my first time. I would love to see the below places. Is this too aggressive? How many days would you suggest in each destination? Is it worth it to skip Uruguay and see Patagonia? Thanks in advance for your help!

Argentina

- Buenos Aires

- Iguazu Falls

- Mendoza Wine Country

Uruguay

- Punta del Este

- Colonia

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Argentina / Uruguay in February

You could probably do Colonia as a day trip from BsAs in which case I would schedule 4- 5 days in Buenos Aires. I would do at least 2 days in Mendoza and 1-2 in Iguazu. All this excluding traveling time. Patagonia is amazing. If you just do the Argentinian side I would suggest at least 4 days there to spend time in El Chalten and El Calafate, excluding the days flying/ bussing around. If you also want to see Bariloche, Ushuaia or the Chilen side you need at least a week for just Patagonia IMHO. How many days in total were you planning your trip for?

Marina del Rey...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Argentina / Uruguay in February

Hi - thanks so much for your response! I will have 14 days total.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,504 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Argentina / Uruguay in February

With just 14 days then I would try to limit the destinations to no more than 3 stops. I would eliminate Uruguay since you have nicer beaches in California.

Air travel in Argentina is expensive and flights are limited. February is a big travel month for Argentines and foreign visitors so flights can book quickly.

Buenos Aires 4 days

Iguazu 1-2 days

Mendoza 3-4 days

Bariloche 4 days

El Calafate/Perito Moreno glacier 2 days

Clearly you can extend your visting time in places like Mendoza,Bariloche,El Calafate since there are many places in the area to experience.

Have fun with your holiday planning.

Marina del Rey...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Argentina / Uruguay in February

I appreciate your suggestion, thank you!

5. Re: Argentina / Uruguay in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2014, 05:19