We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

13 days trip to Argentina! Help is needed and appreciated!

Haifa, Israel
12 posts
Save Topic
13 days trip to Argentina! Help is needed and appreciated!

Hello travelers!

Me and my wife are planning a 13-day trip to Argentina in June 2014. We seek to see as much as possible sides of Argentina ( we don't seek for extreme sport/rafting/trekking for days..). However, we have many restrictions (We have to be in Brazil for the World Cup):

1. Arriving to Buenos Aires (on 16.6 morning)

2. Leaving Argentina from Iguazu falls by walking (land pass) to the brazilian side on 29.6 evening.

3. June - so the south region is not in our plans (COLD!)

4. we have to visit BA, Iguazu falls.

We thought about the following route, but it may be not optimal regarding flight time/cost/intersting places:

1. 4 days in BA, then flight to Bariloche

2. 3 days in Bariloche (and around), then flight to Salta.

3. 3 days in Salta (and around), then flight to Iguazu.

4. 2 days in Iguazu and walking to Brazilian side.

What do you think? What are the fatal mistakes in this route ? :-)

What are you suggestions for the optimal route?

Thank you in advance!!

Majd

Argentina
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
5,450 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 13 days trip to Argentina! Help is needed and appreciated!

Hello Majd, and welcome to the Forum!

About your intended itinerary, the only thing that's left me wondering is why are you including Bariloche, given that it's in Patagonia, and COLD in June?

In 13 days, you could very well limit yourselves to Buenos Aires, Salta and Iguazú, in that order.

You should check Aerolíneas Argentinas, because I believe they have "some" (not many!) direct flight from Salta to Iguazú, which would avoid having to go through Buenos Aires a second time.

Haifa, Israel
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 13 days trip to Argentina! Help is needed and appreciated!

Thanks for your kind reply :)

I know that Bariloche is cold but not extremely cold or snowy ( about (-2) - (8) degree ) and it definitely worth visiting. Don't you agree?

Is salta (and around) worth visiting? is there a better place in the south/center to visit?

Is it completely insane to fly with a non-direct flight from Salta to Iguazu ( just for an example)?

And a final question, should we book our internal flights soon? or just to book it from Argentina couple of days before flying?

Argentina
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,450 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 13 days trip to Argentina! Help is needed and appreciated!

Yes, I agree that the Bariloche area is worth visiting. Just thought you wanted to avoid cold weather.

Salta and all of the NW area are one of Argentina's top destinations. You can easily spend up to 5 or 6 days there.

Nothing insane about flying from Salta to Iguazú non direct! Most internal flights within Argentina involve going through Buenos Aires, and, while it doesn't look "right" on a map ... that's the way it is!

No need to book flights right away, but I would not leave it for the last minute either. I would book at least a month before the actual trip.

Edited: 16 January 2014, 07:17
St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
Level Contributor
4,053 posts
383 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 13 days trip to Argentina! Help is needed and appreciated!

Well, you loose a lot of time with the non direct flights. There are three direct flights per week Iguazu/Salta/Mendoza and v/v and it is easy to put up an itinerary based on this timetable. We did it and instead of spending time in airports could add a destination. If you take their pass, Aerolinas is well worth it, we had a good experience with all new planes and no delays at all.

Córdoba
Level Contributor
247 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 13 days trip to Argentina! Help is needed and appreciated!

Avoidnon-direct flights, you are going to spend lots of time at the airports. North of Argentina is beautiful in June. Bariloche is beautiful too, but cold. Have a nice trip. Enjoy Argentina.

Haifa, Israel
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 13 days trip to Argentina! Help is needed and appreciated!

Sorry for the dumb question, but what is "v/v" means? :)

Argentina
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,450 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 13 days trip to Argentina! Help is needed and appreciated!

v/v = vice versa = the other way around

8. Re: 13 days trip to Argentina! Help is needed and appreciated!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2015, 05:18