We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Arequipa to Argentina and itinerary question

London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
From Arequipa to Argentina and itinerary question

Hi,

We are a 30 year old couple with just over a month of travelling left- we fly from Buenos Aires at the end of June.

Firstly itinerary: I would like to go to- Mendoza, bariloche, iguazu and BA. I would also love to go to Patagonia but not sure if I'll have time.

Transport: I am currently in Arequipa in Peru. I was contemplating the bus that goes through Chile and ends up in Argentina.

I would only consider this bus if the journey is stunning and a worthwhile experience (I.e the towns that you stop off in are nice in their own right). Thoughts?

Since time is an issue, flying would probably be best. Does anyone know of the cheapest routes? I have been looking at a variety of combinations to see what is cheapest i.e flying to Uruguay or from Bolivia etc but no real luck.

If anyone had any suggestions of the best way to enter bearing in mind my itinerary, that would be hugely helpful.

Logically it would make sense to fly in to Patagonia then work my way up I guess...

Thanks all.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,544 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Arequipa to Argentina and itinerary question

The weather will continue to get cooler as the month goes by for May/June since Winter is arriving. If you want to go to Patagonia then you might want to go sooner then make your way back.

The only way to save on airfares is to fly within Chile since you can purchase Lan tickets within Chile for flights within Chile at the local prices. If you fly within Argentina then you will pay the tourist rate.

If you want to fly South through Chile then you can make your way into Argentine Patagonia via bus transport from Puerto Varas/Pucon/etc.

2. Re: From Arequipa to Argentina and itinerary question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2015, 07:16