We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 weeks in Argentina in Aug/Sept

Sebastopol, CA
Level Contributor
15 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
2 weeks in Argentina in Aug/Sept

I want to spend one week in BA and the rest exploring the country. I understand Patagonia is out, since it is too cold. Do you have any recommendations of an area to explore for about 5 days? Like to hike but not interested in snow sports. Love to drive if there is an area with scenic roads.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,389 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 weeks in Argentina in Aug/Sept

The Northwest Area of Argentina would be a good destination for this time of year. Five days in this area would be perfect and allows you to enjoy the mountains and an excellent wine area.

Have a look at www.welcomeargentina.com then click on the area of the North for more details. The airflights from BA would be to the city of Salta where you would rent the car.

WDC
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,162 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 weeks in Argentina in Aug/Sept

I was just about to suggest the Northwest when I read the above post by ricardoBA. So, allow me to second his recommendation. I think this gorgeous area will fill all of what you say you are looking for.

Enjoy BsAs AND the NOA (if you do decide to make that your destination).

Argentina
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 weeks in Argentina in Aug/Sept

Nw is an interesting area. Not only amazing sceneries but also great weather, great food and wines, culture, colonial buildings and a lot to see and do.

Salta and Jujuy deserve at least one week for you to enjoy every single place as if it where your home.

Angie/Giena

Sebastopol, CA
Level Contributor
15 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 weeks in Argentina in Aug/Sept

thank you for the info. The Welcome Argentina site is very good.

Temperate weather is so much better than snowy weather in the south. We'll save Patagonia for the next trip.

Edited: 22 June 2014, 17:52
Sebastopol, CA
Level Contributor
15 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 weeks in Argentina in Aug/Sept

Giena you seem to be an expert in the area.

My husband has a dream of fly fishing for trout on a river or stream. Do you have any recommendations of a guide or location? We at thinking of 6 days in the Salta area, possibly 7 if needed for the fishing day.

6. Re: 2 weeks in Argentina in Aug/Sept

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2015, 05:17