We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Iguazu

SANTA BARBARA
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Iguazu

We are planning a trip to Argentina in February and wanted to know the best way to get to Iguazu Falls. Is it better to arrange things from the U.S. or do it when we get to B.A.? Are the prices better when bookings done there.? Is it necessary to book through an agent or just as easy to everything on our own? Any info. will be greatly appreciated.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Iguazu

It's easy to get there. Just get your plane tickets, go to aeroparque and take a plane. There, you can do a lot of things on your own. Some people prefer working with an agent and some prefer to travel on their own. It's a matter of personal taste, i think. Have fun. You will love the falls.

Bariloche
Level Contributor
604 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Iguazu

Airfares for foreigners with Aerolineas Argentinas in Q class is u$d 400.-round trip plus taxes ( about u$d 50.-)

Hotel Las Orquideas is my suggestion

www.orquideashotel.com

Located 4 km from town, very good food, nice rooms and a beautiful garden with swimming pool.

Every time I´m at Iguazu, is the place I go

Rates are in argentinian pesos, exchange rate 3.06 p/ u$d

buenos aires
Level Contributor
461 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Iguazu

If you have time try a tour via sleeping bus and see more of the country - overnight to Iguazu, 3 nights half board at 3 star hotel, tours of Brazil side, Argentine side, shopping in Paraguay, overnight back to Bs As - US$200 each.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
360 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Iguazu

I booked very reasonable flights between BA and Iguassu through Lan Airlines (for July 2007) directly on their website. I believe I paid US$72 each way, which I think is hard to beat. Aerolineas couldn't come close to this price.

5. Re: Getting to Iguazu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 17:18