We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tripod or Monopod?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Tripod or Monopod?

I'm going to be visiting the Islands in February to see the penguins and, hopefully, photograph them. I'll be traveling light and i'm wondering if a monopod or tripod would be necessary. I've also looked at dome of the tabletop size tripods, as it seems that many of the best pictures are taken from near to the ground. Hopefully (are you listening, Santa) I will have a long telephoto lens to support.

Thanks.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
33,053 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Tripod or Monopod?

msercombe,

You are better starting a new question (click on "Ask Question") rather than join this advert for tripod makers.

Yes, you can fly from Cape Town, but it would either be via Madrid and Santiago, Chile, or through Brazil or Buenos Aires to Santiago.

From Santiago, there is a weekly flight by LAN through Punta Arenas.

If you are coming from the UK, fly via Madrid on Iberia or LAN, or use the RAF flight from Brize Norton. Contact the Falklands Government office in London for details.

12. Re: Tripod or Monopod?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Falkland Islands
Recent Conversations