We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Volunteer Point Tours

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
17 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Volunteer Point Tours

I've seen glowing reports of Jimmy and Tanya's tour company "Volunteer Point Tours" and wonder if anyone can provide me with a website/e-mail address for these folks.

Thanks.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,634 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Volunteer Point Tours

Most guides' details are on the Falkland Islands Tourist Board site, falklandislands.com

Where did you read the reviews?

Chester
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Volunteer Point Tours

Hi - you won't regret booking with this guy he is amazing although a fairly new company he and his wife have grown up with off roading and have been driving to volunteer point for years both for cruise ship agencies and independently. The email address for them is curtis@volunteerpointtours.com Seriously recommend you go with them

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,634 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Volunteer Point Tours

Hi jemma, how did you hear about them and what was the cost?

Thanks

Chester
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Volunteer Point Tours

Hi Peter the cost was USD200/person,which could be paid in USD or GBP, which we found to be similar for the other tour operators to Volunteer Point. The reviews are on trip advisor and Cruise Critic, there is a list of drivers on the Falkland Island Tourist Board website, and the day we booked many of the drivers were not available but we had a great time and we're not disappointed with Jimmy. We had enquired about booking through the ship and it would have cost USD359, luckily we didn't take that as the ships convoy and other private tour operators all travelled pretty much together, the only difference being that it was far more expensive. Hope this helps!

Montreal
Level Contributor
31 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Volunteer Point Tours

I was one of the people who wrote a review about Jimmy and Tanya. They definitely did not disappoint. I have nothing but amazing things to say about them, the tour, their company (personality + business practices). If I ever find myself back in South America, I'd visit the Falklands again just to take another tour with Jimmy and Tanya.

Whatever you do, just do not book with the cruise, as Jemma said, for Volunteer Point, everyone travels together in a convoy and everyone arrives and leaves within the same time frame (give or take 20 minutes), but when you book with the locals, you're saving at least 50%. You also get more bang for your buck, in my opinion.

6. Re: Volunteer Point Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2015, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Falkland Islands
Recent Conversations