We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new agreement - Delta Airlines Aerolineas argentinas

Bariloche
Level Contributor
604 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
new agreement - Delta Airlines Aerolineas argentinas

Very interesting.....

Important Commercial Agreement entered into by and between Aerolíneas Argentinas and Delta Air Lines.

Aerolíneas Argentinas and Delta Air Lines have entered into an agreement on this date whereby both companies mutually accept to carry their passengers throughout the route network offered by both the Argentine and the American airlines.

This commitment implies that both Aerolíneas Argentinas and Delta shall accept the tickets issued by either company. This shall allow, for example, passengers to use the services provided by the other company whenever either of them is unable to offer the schedules and frequency that fit their needs.

This agreement, the first one executed with an American airline, is a step forward in the strategic alliance plan that Aerolíneas Argentinas has begun to implement with the main airlines of the world.

Delta Air Lines, headquartered in Atlanta, is deemed to be one of the main airlines of the United States with a substantial network of destinations within and outside its country.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,389 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: new agreement - Delta Airlines Aerolineas argentinas

Thanks for the info Alec. Let's keep our fingers crossed: Two really marginal airlines forming an alliance. Hopefully, we can see some improvement.

Suerte!!

Fátima, BA
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: new agreement - Delta Airlines Aerolineas argentinas

if you fly into BA with delta, will you get lower price for aerolineas local flites?

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: new agreement - Delta Airlines Aerolineas argentinas

Im not sure its fair to characterize Delta as a marginal airline, they are part of a major alliance (Sky Team).

Regardless, this is good news.

California
Level Contributor
142 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: new agreement - Delta Airlines Aerolineas argentinas

I have the same question as votrebla.

Bariloche
Level Contributor
604 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: new agreement - Delta Airlines Aerolineas argentinas

Flying to Argentina with Delta, doesn´t mean that domestic airfares with Aerolineas are less expensive.

This agreement, is more a joint venture for services ( waiting lists, connections, upgrades, passenger services etc)

It might give you a through fare...let´s say Atlanta to Ushuaia, for example, in a better mileage constructed airfare

California
Level Contributor
142 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: new agreement - Delta Airlines Aerolineas argentinas

Oh, I see. Thanks.

ny
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: new agreement - Delta Airlines Aerolineas argentinas

The code share agreement between Delta and Aerolineas was signed about 11 days ago. Two days ago, I spoke with Delta and asked that question (intra-Argentina reduced fares). I also asked whether one would collect frequent flyer miles for Aerolineas if flying on Delta or on Delta if flying on Aerolineas. I was told "no" in response to all my questions. Now it may be that the agent was not yet inforrmed, although he put me on hold to doublecheck. But those were the answers.

HLB

PUERTO VARAS
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: new agreement - Delta Airlines Aerolineas argentinas

Im agree with Alec, and depend of the agreements between this companies for example American airlines in CHILE have reduce fares or ad on with Lan into chile.but Delta hasnt the same with Lan.(note Delta belong another network ,not "one World")

9. Re: new agreement - Delta Airlines Aerolineas argentinas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 21:20
Get answers to your questions about Patagonia