We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long in Puerto Madryn/ Peninsula Valdes?

London, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
360 reviews
Save Topic
How long in Puerto Madryn/ Peninsula Valdes?

Hi There

I have booked a bus down to Puerto Madryn which will arrive mid morning on the 5th of January.

I was wondering how long i should spend there? Will two nights be ok if i get a night bus on the 3rd day?

I have not booked my hostel yet. I understand www.hipatagonia.com is the recommended place.

I will be moving onto Bariloche next. If anyone knows of any buses companies running this route.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
8,641 posts
479 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long in Puerto Madryn/ Peninsula Valdes?

Hello frydayuk:

Distance between Puerto Madryn to Puerto Piràmides (Peninsula Valdes), 104 km.

Bye!!!

Bariloche
Level Contributor
604 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long in Puerto Madryn/ Peninsula Valdes?

you will need at least 3 nights in the area, to see Peninsula and the penguins colony at Punta Tombo

Hi Patagonia is the best hostel in price, location, services...make sure to do bookings, talk to Gaston, the owner

Atenas, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
230 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How long in Puerto Madryn/ Peninsula Valdes?

frydayuk1,

If you want to go to both the Peninsula and Punta Tombo those are both full day tours. After riding 17 hours on the bus from BA I would recommend a free day to walk around Madryn and get some beach time. So three days would be right.

It is high season for tourists now so you should book your lodging as soon as you can.

The bus to take to Bariloche from Madryn is ¨Mar y Valle¨. It is the only compny which takes you directly there and it is an overnight trip.

Puerto Madryn is also a cruise ship port. As it turns out Jan 6 there will be one here and the 7th there will be two. If you are taking a tour there will be many more people at the destinations. Both the Peninsula and Punta Tombo are big enough to accommodate the extra people but if you want more solitude you may want to take a tour on a different day.

London, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How long in Puerto Madryn/ Peninsula Valdes?

Hi

Thank you everyone for your replies.

So the plan would be to arrive, Chill for the day,the next two days take tours and leave that evening after the tour. Do you know what is the latest time the tours return?

Unfortunately i can not move my dates. So it looks like there are going to be a few more people about. That is ok though. Thanks for the info.

I have searched for 'Mar y Valle' Website and can not find it. Do they have one? If not what is the best way to book. I am still in England untill the end of this month.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
8,641 posts
479 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How long in Puerto Madryn/ Peninsula Valdes?

Hello frydayuk1:

WEbsite "Mar y Valle"

http://www.maryvalle.com.ar/index2.html

bye!

Bariloche
Level Contributor
604 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How long in Puerto Madryn/ Peninsula Valdes?

Mar y Valle has daily buses from Madryn to Bariloche, at 10pm.

You should book upon your arrival to Madryn..

London, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How long in Puerto Madryn/ Peninsula Valdes?

Thanks i really appreciate your help

Atenas, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
230 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How long in Puerto Madryn/ Peninsula Valdes?

Most of the tour companys pick you up between 8 and 8:30 in the morning and return around 6PM depending on road conditions.

London, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How long in Puerto Madryn/ Peninsula Valdes?

Thanks for the info.

10. Re: How long in Puerto Madryn/ Peninsula Valdes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 17:17