We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

passport number to book bus ticket?

Enfield, Connecticut
2 posts
Save Topic
passport number to book bus ticket?

Hi All,

I'm traveling to Patagonia in early 2013, and visiting many places from El Calafate to El Chalten, to TDP to Puerto Natales and Punta Arenas.

Our travel agent, an Argentinian company, is requesting the passport number to book the bus tickets from place to place. Does this sound legitimate? I have provided this number to book international flights... but bus tickets?

Will I also need to provide the passport number to book hotel rooms? I am careful with my personal information, but this is my first trip to South America~ don't know what to expect.

Thanks for your help!

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,607 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: passport number to book bus ticket?

Yes, a passport number is required in order to book bus tickets. Argentines must also provide their DNI number when they book the same tickets.

It's possible that some hotels may require to see your passport when registering. Also. many apartment agenices require passport numbers in order to book the apartment.

Enfield, Connecticut
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: passport number to book bus ticket?

Thank you Ricardo!!

3. Re: passport number to book bus ticket?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 04:17