We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mini-Trek on Perito Moreno

New York
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mini-Trek on Perito Moreno

I am going to El Calafate and renting a 4x4. I understand the best strategy for doing the mini-trek is to go early and take an early boat to beat the crowds.

A few questions:

Where do you go to catch the boat?

Where do you buy tickets for mini-trek? Most of the sites I've seen are for bus/trek combinations.

Can I just show up at Glaciar Park in morning and figure it out then or do I need to buy tickets in advance?

Thanks for any help.

Bariloche
Level Contributor
604 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mini-Trek on Perito Moreno

buy your tickets in advance, tell them that you do not need transportation...and make it this way :

Go to the Glacier at dawn...beautiful and no crowds at all...bring a thermos with coffee and pastries and stay till 8.30 am

The boat for the Mini Trek, leaves from Puerto Las Sombras just half a mile from the Glacier decks.

First boat leaves 09.00 am...by 2.00 pm you get back and ready to leave the crowded Park, by that time..

But make sure you buy your tickets in town

New York
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mini-Trek on Perito Moreno

Thank you.

3. Re: Mini-Trek on Perito Moreno

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 04:19