We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best South American jungle experiences

Mobile AL
Level Contributor
303 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Best South American jungle experiences

We are beginning to explore the possibility of coming to South America. We really want to see the jungle and wildlife. So far I have done some reading about the Amazon jungle in Brazil, Peru and Equador. Although my husband really wants to see the Amazon River, the Pantanal looks more like the kind of adventure we are looking for. We would love any suggestions especially if we are looking over better possibilities. We are prepared for rustic accomodations and even some camping. We also would like information on the best way to reach Brazil's Amazon or Pantanal from the US. I know we could fly into Rio, but would we better off flying into a neighboring country and getting a small flight to the Amazon or Pantanl?

1. Re: Best South American jungle experiences

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 July 2009, 15:35
Corpus Christi, TX
Level Contributor
963 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best South American jungle experiences

We have not been yet but I have discovered in my researching for a future trip that Delta airlines flies direct from Atlanta to Manaus. Also Continental/Copa airlines fly from Houston to Manaus via Panama City, Panama. Getting to the Pantanal is more difficult but I think you could fly to Cuiaba or Campo Grande from Manaus via Brasilia on GOL airlines.

Jane

Mobile AL
Level Contributor
303 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best South American jungle experiences

Thanks Jane. Will you be posting a trip report? I would love to hear about your trip.

4. Re: Best South American jungle experiences

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2010, 05:17