We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brazilian Amazon and Iguazu

New York
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Brazilian Amazon and Iguazu

My family and I are going to the Brazilian Amazon and Iguazu at the end of December. I'm looking for some outdoorsy/adventure recommendations. Here's what we are thinking of doing thus far:

In the Amazon:

1) Swim with the pink dolphins

2) Potentially canoe to see the aligators at night..(if you've done this, did it seem dangerous?)

3) Learn to use a bow and arrow

4) Visit some indigenous villages/crafts areas

5) Take a boat through the Meeting of the Waters

In Iguazu:

1) Visit the falls from the Brazilian and Argentinian sides

2) Take a zodiac boat to near the falls

3) Hiking

Anything else you'd recommend?

Thanks!

Manaus
Level Contributor
311 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brazilian Amazon and Iguazu

December in Amazon start the wet season,perfect time to do all that mentioned,specially the canoe trip.I would recommend you atleast 4 or 5 days to do all that and for your information you only can swim with the pink dolphins if you go to negro river in the south of the Amazon theres no possibilities to swim with theses cool mamals!!!

Edited: 07 November 2010, 16:30
New York
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brazilian Amazon and Iguazu

Thanks! Yes, our lodge is on the Rio Negro.

Edited: 07 November 2010, 16:33
Manaus
Level Contributor
311 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brazilian Amazon and Iguazu

Most Lodges in the negro river,they do not inclued the tour meeting of the waters,probably you have to buy separate.

Edited: 07 November 2010, 16:41
4. Re: Brazilian Amazon and Iguazu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2011, 06:33