We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary 2 weeks

Aberdeen, UK
Level Contributor
256 posts
254 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary 2 weeks

Going to brazil for 2 weeks in July.

Thinking:

3 days Rio

3 days ilha grande

2 days Paraty

2 days Iguassu

4 days pantanal

Is this too much, allowing for flights etc? What should I cut out or change.

We are a young couple who have travelled extensively previously but never to brazil. We don't really like big cities or big resorts and prefer quiet places and good scenery/things to see.

Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
729 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary 2 weeks

I think is a wonderful intinerary, specially if you really prefer quiet places, good scenaries and things to see. I will just try to see the fantastic beaches of Arraial do Cabo, little seaside city, 150 Km north of Rio,at least for 1 day, including the schooner tour to Gruta Azul, and will stay only 2 days in Ilha Grande, which is good enough.

Mentioned in this post
Gruta Azul
Gruta Azul
779 Reviews
Arraial do Cabo, RJ
Ilha Grande
Ilha Grande
State of Rio de Janeiro
Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
601 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary 2 weeks

I also agree that you should spend one less day in Ilha Grande, since it is very small. Then you could add one more day in Rio.

Mentioned in this post
Ilha Grande
Ilha Grande
State of Rio de Janeiro
Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
569 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary 2 weeks

Adiing in travel times I'd drop Pantanal.

Make sure you have two full days in Iguassu and stay longer in Rio, maybe adding a daytrip to Petropolis.

Mentioned in this post
Petropolis
Petropolis
State of Rio de Janeiro
4. Re: Itinerary 2 weeks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2012, 16:40
Aberdeen, UK
Level Contributor
256 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary 2 weeks

Thanks for your help. We had to change the trip to September but are planning same itinerary but we have a couple of extra days so are planning to take your advice and go to araial do cabo. What is the best way to get there? Could we hire a car and drive there?

Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
729 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary 2 weeks

To go to Arraial do Cabo from Rio, the company bus: AUTOVIACAO 1001, does from 05:13 am till 11:20 pm, for R$39,75 p/p and last almost 3 hours in a very confortable bus with air, almost every 2 hours . Departuring from the Terminal Buses in Rio (RODOVIÀRIA), where you can also buy your ticket with a credit card or ATM. You can also use their site: www.autoviacao1001.com.br

Of course, renting a car will be much more fast, using the expressay Br-101 after the Rio's bridge, but will cost you much more.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,565 posts
1,247 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Itinerary 2 weeks

Hi Jo!

Greetings!

I liked so much your itinerary... it sounded pretty good to me!

I´d just stay 4 days in Rio, instead of only 3. And 3 days in Pantanal (best town to be based: Bonito), instead of 4.

Mentioned in this post
Bonito
Bonito
State of Mato Grosso do Sul
8. Re: Itinerary 2 weeks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 00:16