We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What tour company to choose?

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
207 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
What tour company to choose?

My husband and I are considering a land tour of South America to see Buenos Aires, Rio, and Machu Pichu. There are so many tour companies - General, Gate 1, Monograms, Trafalgar, etc. Does anyone have a comparison of tour companies? Any thoughts on any of these? Initially we thought the individual attention of General Tours was appealing but then we thought it might be weird just the 2 of us in a car with a tour guide. Has anyone used General Tours and how was it?

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
222 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What tour company to choose?

I just book with VIP Brazil Tours....so far so good!

Trip is in December!

Hollywood, FL
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What tour company to choose?

If you are used to small groups, you should go with small groups. Gate1, Monograms, and Trafalgar have been in business for year. I don;t really know General Tours. However, you shoudl get quotes from all of them and compare the tours they offer and what is included. Sometimes their initail advertising price is low but you need to add a tour here, and a tour there, taxes, and extra services. Rio is a big city and becuase the tours are outdoors, you can find yourself in a 40 passenger bus. The train that goes up to Corcovado is small, so you waste a lot of time waiting. In Buenos Aires, you will face the same problem.

Alan R.Cohen

South American VacatIons

Hollywood, Florida

3. Re: What tour company to choose?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 11:19