We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 days in brazil what to do

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
5 days in brazil what to do

Hello all we are booked for 5 days to brazil in january. Flying to Sao Paulo. PLease advise what we can do. We are 2 adults, me and my wife so safety is important to us. THanks

Vatican City, Italy
Level Contributor
760 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 days in brazil what to do

Honestly you've booked an expensive holiday to a country you know nothing about and don't have a clue what you will do there? May I suggest purchasing or even borrowing a guidebook. it's a tiny investment compared to the total cost of your jaunt but one that would, I suspect repay it's value many times over.

Happy travels.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 days in brazil what to do

well i always wanted to visit brazil, so this is the time I found out of my extremely busy life. I have done some research and thinking 2 days sao paulo and 3 in RIO

Have also booked hotel rooms which allow me to cancel free of charge., but now thinking weather sao paulo would be like any other city and we are going to Rio anyway. So having thoughts about Ighauzu falls and Paraty as other options.

If I do Rio for 3 days , can I do one of the above 2 in the remaining 2 days, Are they worth visiting? what about safety? We are both in mid 30s and looking more nature/relaxation holiday

thanks in advance

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 days in brazil what to do

You can go on kitesurfing. Very entertaining sport. And if you do not know it, you can learn it. Beautiful beaches and perfect winds are in Cumbuco. I personally love this hotel http://www.casa-cohiba.com/ ..and there are the school of kitesurfing.

As it is now Sunny in Brazil, you will surely be fun whatever you do :-)

Belo Horizonte, MG
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 days in brazil what to do

What you need to know about safety is the same as in any other big city. don't walk aone when it's too late ate night. take a taxi, instead. In Sao Paulo, there are a LOT of nice restaurants, museums, and pretty much a lot of entertainment for adults. If you go to Rio, there are the beaches, which are always sunny. But in January the most famous beaches are REALLY full of people, so i would suggest also looking for another beach options. It's a good idea to buy a guide, they have safe and fun options of places to go, eat and have fun. I've been to Paraty and it's definately worth visiting, really relaxing. Oh, and it's useful to learn some words in portuguese!

Aberdeen, UK
Level Contributor
255 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 days in brazil what to do

5d is not long for brazil but since that is all you have then make the most of it.

Yes you could do rio 3 d and paraty 2 d (paraty is a 4 hour drive from rio).

Or you could include iguassu 2d. You could fly SP-rio-iguassu-SP or SP-iguassu-rio-SP.

I assume you have already booked flights to SP? If not i would think about flying uk to rio instead.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 5 days in brazil what to do

Thank you, finally decided and booked reaching SP, then taking a local transport van from airport to Paraty, stay 2 nights then bus to rio, 3 nights in rio. What's the best thing we can do in 3 days in rio is the question

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 5 days in brazil what to do

Great :-)

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
13 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 5 days in brazil what to do

Is it easy for the foreigner to travel on Public Transport ( Vans/Bus specifically)

SYD-LON-MUC
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance, Richmond, Bondi, Katoomba
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 5 days in brazil what to do

Yes. We had no issues purchasing tickets and traveling around on the local buses etc.

Worse case we just got a taxi.

10. Re: 5 days in brazil what to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 October 2014, 21:08