We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Trip to BRAZIL!!!

Beijing, China
1 post
Save Topic
Family Trip to BRAZIL!!!

Hi everyone,

I'm going on this awesome family trip to Brazil, but my family and I don't know what to do.

If you guys have any suggestions of what to do, please reply immediately.

Thanks.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
499 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Trip to BRAZIL!!!

You can do whatever you like.

Cheers!

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Trip to BRAZIL!!!

Get a guidebook. It's a country the size of the continental U.S. If you know the trip will be awesome and have already planned to go, you must have some idea of what to do. Invest in the guidebook, then come back and ask specific questions. Or go to a travel agent. Each person's interests, budget and available time are different. Be sure to look into costs. Brazil is not an inexpensive country to visit, which shocks some visitors. Be prepared.

Edited: 19 November 2013, 16:18
Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
44 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Trip to BRAZIL!!!

Hi Robster. Im from Salvador , Brazil . In order to help you , I have to know how many days do you have , what you like to do , and if there are older people or children in your group (we dont want your 85 years grandmother surfing in Florianopolis beaches).

Bye

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Trip to BRAZIL!!!

Hi Rob,

in which part of Brazil are you going?

And also what kind of stuff are you want to do? More sightseeing? Relaxing?

If you are a more active person I can recommend you two activities:

1) Surfing: you have plenty of possibilities to surf in Brazil. One of the best schools to learn surfing is EasyDrop ( www.easydrop.com ) in Itacarè (300km south of Salvador). I have been there few times and I love those guys. They are very professional and Itacare is offering stunning beaches. Just read that they are listed in the top 10 surf schools by National Geographic.

2) A second option I can recommend is Chapada Diamantina. It is in the backland of Salvador. It is perfekt for doing some hikes, biking or other adventures. A must see a the Burucao waterfall, Fumaca waterfall and also very are the blue pools, where you can snorkel.

Both are very safe regions/cities. Probably also good to know when you are traveling with your family. And when you are in the region is alo worth to see Salvador, but there just inform you where you can go and where better not :-)

Okay I hope it helps.

Have fun and enjoy Brazil

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family Trip to BRAZIL!!!

I like the Lonely Planet guide to Brazil, but there are many others. It will be a good investment, as there are so many possibilities in such a big country.

6. Re: Family Trip to BRAZIL!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2014, 06:20