We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pucon activities

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
75 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Pucon activities

I will be in Pucon for only 1 full day. What would be the best activity to do? I am not really the rafting and fishing type. I think I am in good enough shape for hiking. I need to reserve the day trips in advance since we will be taking the over night bus to Pucon and getting there early in the morning. Any suggestions would help! Are there any restaurant suggestions?

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,185 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pucon activities

Take a hike up the Volcán Osorno or go the a hot springs, there is a variety.

Santiago
Level Contributor
493 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pucon activities

Toid means the Villarrica Vulcano.

You can arrange a day trip to the Huerquehue or Villarrica Nat. parks.

There you can find some very good hikings and hotsprings.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,272 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pucon activities

I'm not clear on whether you are spending the night in Pucon. If not, skip the breakfast on the overnight bus (not worth eating) and head for the Hosteria Ecole on General Urrutia 592 where you can get a substantial breakfast and a really good cup of coffee. They will be able to give you breakfast from about 7.30 when nothing else is open in Pucon. Most activities don't start before about 10 or 11. One possibility is to book a day at the Huife hot springs. You can do nice walks in the area and they have canopy if you are interested. The pools are great and they have a good set up with lockers etc. They have a restaurant and a snack bar and a spa. Most of the transfers to Huife leave about 11 and return you to Pucon at about 5. It is a half hour to the springs and a nice drive. If you are spending the night, your hotel can book this for you. www.termashuife.cl

Another option is a visit to the Huerquehue national park. There are tours which last about 6 hours. It is moderate trekking. Going up the Villarica volcano is quite strenuous by comparison.

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
75 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pucon activities

I will be taking the overnight bus from Vina and arriving in Pucon in the morning. We will be staying the night, but leaving the next morning for Puerto Varas. So the only day that we have enough time to do an activity is the day that we arrive to Pucon. I saw on some of the web sites that you have to book a day in advance and that some of the full day activities started at 8 am.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
41 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pucon activities

Just another suggestion - I went on a horse trek when I was in Pucon - I have no experience riding but even managed a gallop.

It was great fun and a good way to see some beautiful scenery.

6. Re: Pucon activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 17:23