We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tarjeta de Turismo - Tourist Card

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Tarjeta de Turismo - Tourist Card

I'm planning on going to Santiago and then travelling on further to Easter Island and as a British national i understand that i will receive a Tourist Card (Tarjeta de Turismo).

I know that you need to keep the card until you give it to immigration when you leave the country.

As i'm travelling internally after a few days in Santiago to Easter Island I was wondering would i need to give over this card when leaving Santiago and receive a new one when i land at Easter Island or will i still need to keep hold of it for the complete duration of my trip to Chile.

Also when i land at Easter Island as well as paying for the National Park Pass is there anything else i would need to know to prepare for my visit to the Island.

Would be grateful for any information regarding this.

Mentioned in this post
Santiago
Santiago
Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile
Chile
Chile
South America
1 reply
Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
11,233 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tarjeta de Turismo - Tourist Card

Everyone who does not need to apply for a visa in advance who is visiting Chile gets a tourist card. You fill it in and keep the copy. You only surrender it when leaving Chile, whether at SCL or other exit point. EI is a domestic destination so you don't give it up there. You keep it for the duration of your visit to Chile.

Mentioned in this post
Chile
Chile
South America
Reply to: Tarjeta de Turismo - Tourist Card
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted