We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brazilian visa from Santiago, Chile?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
129 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Brazilian visa from Santiago, Chile?

Hello,

My husband and I need Brazilian visas. We will be in Santiago prior to leaving for Brazil. We have RTW tickets and can show them to the consulate.

My question is if anyone has actually gotten a Brazilian visa from Santiago and how long it took? We will be there for half of Thur, Fri, Sat and Sun. (We will still not be in Santiago for another 2 weeks).

Thanks very much!

The Chilean Central...
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Brazilian visa from Santiago, Chile?

I do not think that will be enough time. Mine took 4 business days. Contact them to see what they say.

More on my experience (US citizen):

tripadvisor.com/…8374786

chile/us
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Brazilian visa from Santiago, Chile?

it is not enough time.....

get in prior. check the consulate website too, since most of them will only do visa work on mornings (until 12 or 1 pm) and only during the week. so you will only have Friday morning. there is possibilty a 2 day turn around in emergency, but you will miss that as well. Also the visa has to be paid for my depositing in the brasilian bank that they tell you (usually Banco do Brasil) and you return with the paid receipt before they even start processing. run and do it in Sydney....

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
129 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brazilian visa from Santiago, Chile?

Thank you everyone. We are going to apply for these in Santiago and give them 3 working days to make sure we have time.

All responses were appreciated.

Thanks!

4. Re: Brazilian visa from Santiago, Chile?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 02:15