We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We want to see it all

Alberta,Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
We want to see it all

My husband and I and another couple are going to Santiago in the end of January for two weeks. We would like to see some old friends outside of Santiago, Talco and maybe Osorno. We would like to also see a winery go to a beach and basically see as much as possible without being exhausted as this is a one time trip. Any suggestions on where to start. We will be renting a mini van(?) Also, should we be booking places to stay now or play it by ear when we get there?

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,673 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We want to see it all

You must know that you will be there at the height of the holiday season, book in advance everything you can. Give a week to going south to Talca and Osorno if you are seeing friends and divide the other week between Santiago and the coast. It will be a go go holiday.

Puerto Varas, Chile
Level Contributor
474 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We want to see it all

my two cents is that your friends live in or close to some great places,

if you spend 4 days in each place

you'll be able to see Santiago + coast+ mountains

Talca, it's coast, and the mountains close by (which are very lovely)

Osorno, Puyehue, Puerto Varas, lake circuit, Osorno coast (green, wild, lovely)

and just two days left over!

3. Re: We want to see it all

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2012, 10:18