We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valle del Encanto - tours from Ovalle?

London
Level Contributor
144 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Valle del Encanto - tours from Ovalle?

I'm going to travel solo to Ovalle in a couple of days, on 15th, rather than with a tour but would still like to go to see the rock art in Valle del Encanto. It would be great to get some history on the place from an English speaking guide, I only speak a little Spanish, so wondered if there's any decent tours from Ovalle itself?

Thanks.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,534 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Valle del Encanto - tours from Ovalle?

There are plenty of tours but I am not sure how many will be in English. Ovalle's one hostel does inexpensive tours and they are more than likely in English as they cater to a lot of foreign backpackers. You don't have to stay there to take the tours. You could email and ask.

http://www.jaimecrazyhouse.com/

Otherwise, your own lodging should be able to point you in the right direction.

Edited: 13 December 2011, 17:39
London
Level Contributor
144 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Valle del Encanto - tours from Ovalle?

Thanks a lot, dancingmolly. Have you done any tours with them?

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,534 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Valle del Encanto - tours from Ovalle?

No, I haven't. We are usually under our own steam and don't take tours. They just seemed most likely to have tours in English, but there are probably other places to check out when you get to Ovalle.

London
Level Contributor
144 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Valle del Encanto - tours from Ovalle?

OK thanks. I prefer not to do tours either, but do like to get some history and just wish I spoke more Spanish! Did you go to the Valle? I just wondered if you knew if the brochure you get there (jamie's website mentions it) is in English?

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,534 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Valle del Encanto - tours from Ovalle?

No idea because we always took a local guidebook in Spanish, the Turistel. They were bought by the Copec (petrol stations) company who are now putting out guidebooks too. I haven't seen theirs as I tend to just use the old tattered Turistels. You should email a few questions about the tours and get a better idea of what they are like.

London
Level Contributor
144 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Valle del Encanto - tours from Ovalle?

OK, thanks. I have, just wondered what your take on it was.

Cheers.

7. Re: Valle del Encanto - tours from Ovalle?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2012, 10:19