We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eco Touist Centres Up the Amazon

Melbourne
Level Contributor
62 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Eco Touist Centres Up the Amazon

Hi everyone I'm planning to visit Sth America over the December/January 07 period, having been there 2 years ago. Last time we ended up at Manaus in Brazi, and while we were taken to the Meetings of the Waters and went a little way into the jungle, I have more bird life here in Australia than I saw there.

So this time I want to fly in from Lima or some other desination and spend a couple of days at a lodge or resort right away from civilization. I am seeking the name/s and hopefully the cost of a place like this. Many thanks in advance for your assistance

Somerset UK
Destination Expert
for Devon
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eco Touist Centres Up the Amazon

Have a look at Journey Latin America's website where there are several options. Lonely Planet and Rough Guide also have articles about them. I stayed at Sendoval which meant a flight from Cusco, a boat trip and then a trek along a track for about 40 minutes. Accommodation was in a lodge which had electricity (at certain times of the day), we spent time on walks and trips on the lake where the guides were quite knowledgeable. We saw snakes, spiders, sea otters, caimans, sloths and quite a few birds but perhaps we appreciated it more as they aren't the sort of things you see back in the UK. Make sure you take plenty of repellent!!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
247 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eco Touist Centres Up the Amazon

We will be spending 4 days in the Peruvian Amazon basin of Tambopata next month. We are staying at Reserva Amazonica. You can read more about them at www.inkaterra.com.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,554 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eco Touist Centres Up the Amazon

This would get a lot more answers on the Perú forum. Why not ask again there?